Lambic Discussion Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I've heard that BPost shipments are now taking several extra weeks because things had shut down due to the pandemic and there is a backlog to get through. I've also seen a consistent variance on shipments coming through LAX and shipments getting rejected at LAX. It's a crapshoot.

Anyone have luck buying the Cantillon 3pk this morning? I was three minutes late, and then sent through a billetweb queue spin cycle while it sold out. Oh well!

I don't suppose anybody in here would be willing/able to proxy pickup then ship a magnum of Cuvee St. Gilloise to the US? I won the chance to buy a bottle with a lucky guess, but I won't be able to get it by the deadline. Not super concerned about getting it, but it would be nice.

New here, so apologies for any redundancies or in the wrong place. Bought the most recent 3F box full of fruit. I've read that covid has been slowing bpost down. Also know a few west coast friends who got their boxes about a week ago. Mine is sitting in "processing abroad" on bpost. Anyone lucky on the east coast getting a shipment from 3f or through bpost recently?

New here, so apologies for any redundancies or in the wrong place. Bought the most recent 3F box full of fruit. I've read that covid has been slowing bpost down. Also know a few west coast friends who got their boxes about a week ago. Mine is sitting in "processing abroad" on bpost. Anyone lucky on the east coast getting a shipment from 3f or through bpost recently?
I had two boxes from Etre that left bpost's possession at the same time. One cleared US customs in NY and was delivered within 7 days. The other still has not cleared customs and has had no updates. I also had a glass that came from Canada and through the same NY customs, it sat with no updates for a week, just "in transit" before finally making the 3 hour journey to my area. It's totally random at this point on how quickly things will move, as they are probably understaffed and overwhelmed with backed-up packages. The process always required patience; that is doubly-true nowadays.

Also, as an FYI, there is a thread specifically for shipping concerns. The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...

I had two boxes from Etre that left bpost's possession at the same time. One cleared US customs in NY and was delivered within 7 days. The other still has not cleared customs and has had no updates. I also had a glass that came from Canada and through the same NY customs, it sat with no updates for a week, just "in transit" before finally making the 3 hour journey to my area. It's totally random at this point on how quickly things will move, as they are probably understaffed and overwhelmed with backed-up packages. The process always required patience; that is doubly-true nowadays.

Also, as an FYI, there is a thread specifically for shipping concerns. The Etre/BiaB love/hate/?/rant thread...
Noted and appreciate the direction. The excitement for the delivery is far outweighing my patience. Makes sense!

Was definitely interested, until I saw the pricing. I know. I know. Its for a good cause. But hot damn... $500 ($400 for members) for two bottles is for folks with trust funds, not for the average lambic nerd.
That’s for 2 bottles and an online tasting and Q&A with Jean van Roy.
You can also purchase 1 bottle ($150/$200) without the tasting.

And yes, 100% for charity:)

Cheers

Last edited:
That’s for 2 bottles and an online tasting and Q&A with Jean van Roy.
You can also purchase 1 bottle ($150/$200) without the tasting.

And yes, 100% for charity:)

Cheers
Any idea when info about buying some will be coming out? Although I think I saw that they won't be shipping the bottles... that makes getting them tough since there is no actual in-person event this year, right?

Latest posts