Lawsons Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yasky

Reaction score
My next Vermont trip coincides with Lawson's setting up at the Waitsfield market. Any tips on how early people start lining up to get their numbers?

If there aren't any crazy releases, you can probably shoot for 7 or 7:30 and get a number no problem. When they had the triple sunshine release, it was crazy busy and people lined up very early. I was not there for that one, but I did go up to the last one where they released Maple Triple. I was worried that it being the 4th, there would be the same rush that the triple sunshine got, and got there at 6:30. I was number 87 or something and had my beer by 10:30ish. Not all numbers were handed out that day, as some people showed up at the farmers market and got a number without going to the Mad Taco. Not sure if there was Maple Triple left at that point...

Next weekend at the farmers market, as per Lawsons site:

Double Sunshine IPA (8%) – $9/22oz limit of 4/pp
Maple Tripple Ale (12%) – $25/500ml limit of 4/pp
Knockout Blonde Ale (5%) – $7/22oz limit of 2/pp

Latest blog post:

"What’s the story with Sip of Sunshine IPA? This is our new “flagship” beer…something we’ve never had before! That means Sip of Sunshine is a beer that will be available every week, year round. Wow! Thanks to our partnership with Two Roads Brewing, Sean travels each month to their facility in Stratford, CT and brews one big batch (100bbl) of this beer. It is then packaged into kegs and bottles with our labels and distributed through our own wholesale company to the local Vermont market. Why not anywhere else? The demand for Lawson’s Finest beer is so overwhelming, that even with the additional volume of Sip of Sunshine, we are still not able to fulfill all the orders for beer in our home territory.

So what’s the plan? We will continue to brew one batch a month for current Vermont accounts. By the end of this year, we will start canning this beer in 4 packs of 16oz cans! Yowza! Can you tell…we are excited too. At that time, we will discontinue bottling in the 22oz format, and keep the same amount of draft beer flowing, so that you can always find it on tap at our regular VT locations. For now, we are thrilled to be able to offer you more beer on a regular basis. Batch #4 is currently on the market, and batch #5 will be released mid-September. Our goal is to always have beer available that is no more than 30 days old, to ensure that you receive the hoppy goodness at the ultimate peak of freshness. You may notice some variation from batch to batch as we continue to refine the recipe. We appreciate all of our fans who take a lot of time to seek out our beers. Cheers!"

Latest blog post:

"What’s the story with Sip of Sunshine IPA? This is our new “flagship” beer…something we’ve never had before! That means Sip of Sunshine is a beer that will be available every week, year round. Wow! Thanks to our partnership with Two Roads Brewing, Sean travels each month to their facility in Stratford, CT and brews one big batch (100bbl) of this beer. It is then packaged into kegs and bottles with our labels and distributed through our own wholesale company to the local Vermont market. Why not anywhere else? The demand for Lawson’s Finest beer is so overwhelming, that even with the additional volume of Sip of Sunshine, we are still not able to fulfill all the orders for beer in our home territory.

So what’s the plan? We will continue to brew one batch a month for current Vermont accounts. By the end of this year, we will start canning this beer in 4 packs of 16oz cans! Yowza! Can you tell…we are excited too. At that time, we will discontinue bottling in the 22oz format, and keep the same amount of draft beer flowing, so that you can always find it on tap at our regular VT locations. For now, we are thrilled to be able to offer you more beer on a regular basis. Batch #4 is currently on the market, and batch #5 will be released mid-September. Our goal is to always have beer available that is no more than 30 days old, to ensure that you receive the hoppy goodness at the ultimate peak of freshness. You may notice some variation from batch to batch as we continue to refine the recipe. We appreciate all of our fans who take a lot of time to seek out our beers. Cheers!"

Hnnnnngh

Anyone regularly go to Lawson's Markets and not get full allocations? I'd like to find a Hill Farmstead lover who doesn't mind meeting up every few months @ Pro-Pig or Worthy Burger and swapping HFS for Lawson's $4$.

By the end of this year, we will start canning this beer in 4 packs of 16oz cans!

I'm most excited about this. Very interested to see what price point they come in at. With any luck it'll be in line with Alchemist and Fiddlehead 16oz 4packs ($13ish). But I have a sneaking suspicion it will be more.

I'm most excited about this. Very interested to see what price point they come in at. With any luck it'll be in line with Alchemist and Fiddlehead 16oz 4packs ($13ish). But I have a sneaking suspicion it will be more.

What's Sip priced at? $8 per bomber? Would be hard to imagine we're not looking at LEAST at a $15 4pk...

What's Sip priced at? $8 per bomber? Would be hard to imagine we're not looking at LEAST at a $15 4pk...

I believe its 8.99 at the bevy. When it was available last time (mid Aug) I got 6 bottles and the total was $57.50, so that works out to $9.58/ea including tax+deposit. Those prices made sense when you took into account the small batches on his 7BBl system. But I would think that brewing on a 100BBL system vs 7BBL economies of scale would come into play and the price per/oz would drop, but based on the current price of SoS that doesn't appear to be the case.

I believe its 8.99 at the bevy. When it was available last time (mid Aug) I got 6 bottles and the total was $57.50, so that works out to $9.58/ea including tax+deposit. Those prices made sense when you took into account the small batches on his 7BBl system. But I would think that brewing on a 100BBL system vs 7BBL economies of scale would come into play and the price per/oz would drop, but based on the current price of SoS that doesn't appear to be the case.

Yeah, I dunno. But pricing of stuff coming out of Two Roads seems less tied to actual cost of production and more tied to the brewery's market position. Evil Twin 6 packs are absurdly expensive and Stillwater 6 packs are absurdly cheap.

Anyway, I still haven't had SoS (and I'm sure it's great but not exactly crying in my seat here, I've had about a billion other Lawson's IPAs), but hell, even if it's $20 a 4pk, I would be fairly surprised if I wouldn't happily buy it. That's still way cheaper per oz than bombers, more conveniently packaged, and obviously still world class.

We gladly pay 4-6 bucks per can of fresh from the brewery IPA up here in the GTA (we're dopes that way). If SOS is 16 bucks a 4 pack I'll open the wallet without a second though. After I grab my Hill and other Lawsons allocations of course. ;)

people will buy it either way, not like an $8.99/22oz is stopping anyone.
That said, no way should this cost more than HT and not sure why anyone would but if it is much more.

people will buy it either way, not like an $8.99/22oz is stopping anyone.
That said, no way should this cost more than HT and not sure why anyone would but if it is much more.

I don't disagree with you, but here's why people would still buy it if it is much more:

• The supply of Heady is constrained and being sold way under what the market would bear for the available quantity

• Therefore, the supply of Heady sells out almost immediately

• As SoS 16oz 4pks would be a close substitute good for Heady, consumers then turn their attention to these and purchase them as replacements

• Because they are still being sold for less than what the market would bear for the available quantity, they will also sell out nearly immediately

• If unlimited quantities of Heady were freely available at below the price point of SoS, you'd probably see a lot of SoS sitting on the shelf. But it's not, so you won't.

Neckbeards

Can't beerlieve a heady brah like Sean Lawson wouldn't contract with someone in VT. The nerve!

Curious as to price point as well. Based on the current price per ounce, 4 packs would run ~$26...

Can we throw info in here about Double Dose too? Anyone hear anything yet?

Also still waiting to hear about the next farmers market on Sept 20. See what bottles are going to be available..

9/20
Lawson’s Finest/Otter Creek Double Dose IPA (8.7%) – $15/4 pack; Limit 2 four packs
Hopcelot IPA (7.0%) – New! – $8/22oz; Limit 2
Permagrin Rye Pale Ale (5.5%) - $7/22oz; Limit 2
Super Session #4 (4.2%) – $7/22oz; Limit 2
Bourbon Barrel Aged Fayston Maple Imperial Stout (Pappy van Winkle; 11%) - $15/375ml; Limit 2
Maple Tripple Ale (2013; 12%) – $25/500ml; Limit 2

first Lawson's market I've been to in a very long time but I'll 80% likely be there. I haven't gone since last May maybe. What's the deal now? do I show up at 4AM?

first Lawson's market I've been to in a very long time but I'll 80% likely be there. I haven't gone since last May maybe. What's the deal now? do I show up at 4AM?
I went to the July 5th one (Double sunshine, maple tripple, knock out blond, and super session). Got there early and didn't need to. You could have skipped the Mad Taco and gone directly to the farmers market and still bought beer.

I went to the July 5th one (Double sunshine, maple tripple, knock out blond, and super session). Got there early and didn't need to. You could have skipped the Mad Taco and gone directly to the farmers market and still bought beer.

What time should I show up if I expect to get at least 2 bottles of everything on sale? Fayston is such a great imperial stout and the temp is dropping. Would love to score 2 of those.

Thanks in advance! Is Joe on here?

NVM found the FAQ

http://www.lawsonsfinest.com/our-beer/920-waitsfield-farmers-market-details/

Worthy Burger event this Friday....

Lawson's Finest Liquids Presents: "One From The Vault"
Featuring Rare and Aged Beers
Friday, Oct 17th at 3pm

Draught list

Super Session #2 - Amarillo
Session in the Wild- American wild ale; aged outdoors 3 years in French oak white wine barrel
Permagrin Rye Pale Ale
Hopcelot IPA
Lawson’s Finest/VT Pub & Brewery – Vermont Spruce Tip IPA
Sip of Sunshine IPA
Fayston Maple Imperial Stout
Lawson’s Finest/Otter Creek -Double Dose IPA
2013 Peril 5th Anniversary Imperial IPA
2014 Peril 6th Anniversary Imperial IPA
Triple Sunshine IPA

Bottle list

2013 Maple Tripple Ale
Bourbon barrel-aged (Pappy van Winkle) Maple Imperial Stout
Maple barrel-aged (Sapling Liquor) Maple Imperial Stout

Sean will be in the house around 5pm. Hope you can all stop by and say Hi! Prost!

That's a lot of aged IPAs. I'm only about 25 minutes from Worthy Burger so this sounds great anyway. Unfortunately I'm supposed to work that night, perhaps I'll get sick and have to miss a shift? Dangerous world out there.

I am going to be driving to VT for the first time this Friday, Burlington area gets Sip of Sunshine deliveries on Friday right? Anyone know around what time it arrives and the shops sell it? I am hoping I can arrive there like 11a or noon, grab some bottles and head to HF...

qoi0du.jpg

Back