Let's Remember Some Beers (In Memoriam: Old IPAs)

Help Support Talkbeer:

Portland just got a shipment of Daisy Cutter. Good shit!
A few weeks ago Half Acre celebrated the 10th anniversary of Daisy Cutter by releasing a commemorative mixed four pack, which included:
  • Daisy Cutter
  • Double Daisy Cutter
  • Fully Saturated (read: hazy/juicy) Galactic Double Daisy Cutter
  • Quad Cutter

After a few years of not having had one, regular Daisy Cutter was my favorite of the lot.

KevSal

Supremium Porter
Has anyone mentioned this beer? Is it still even around or good? I got this in my first trade many years ago. Remember really liking it

View attachment 7954
yea someone mentioned it earlier, i was looking for that guy all over dc, wrong timing but would have been a treat! every can i had has been great (5ish years ago)

edit: never mind i guess it hasn’t been brought up yet, crazy i coulda sworn someone mentioned it. i remember trying this guy and it actually loving up to the hype behind it.

Last edited:
When I first got into beer, Karbach Roshambo was the first IPA I ever liked. I tried and tried to like others but this was the first one that did it for me. Been hooked ever since.
KRosh.png
I was working at a liquor store at the time and grabbed the last bottle we had, and after I drank it I learned they discontinued it. It was a dark time.

I distinctly remember the buzz around what was then called Cenotaph*

<snip>

This is off-topic, but remember Hell's Black Intelligencer?
yes, remember having cenotaph at least once at floyds after a friend raved about it.

hell's black intelligencer is arguably the best FFF i've ever had and still makes me sad that they never bottled it, let alone put it back in tap. served in a coffee mug. all the feels.

dunno if anyone cares about this one anymore but i'll fuck with it. greatest label ever made.

Oh man lots of feels in this thread. Here's one that I don't think was mentioned that I remember having around the time I first had Pliny and thinking it held its own:

I think there was a trademark dispute and they had to change the name, but it's been a very long time since I've sought it out.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
Oh man lots of feels in this thread. Here's one that I don't think was mentioned that I remember having around the time I first had Pliny and thinking it held its own:

I think there was a trademark dispute and they had to change the name, but it's been a very long time since I've sought it out.
I wonder if the TM dispute was with Heavy Seas Brewing in Maryland. I seem to recall that they may have (or have had) a similar logo?

Latest posts