AMA Levi Funk

Help Support Talkbeer:

levifunk, in your opinion, who has the best american sour program? Who are some promising up and comers? What will the American sour program become over the next 10 years and who will be leading the charge?

It isn't unusable. I still use it to manage my cellar (which it was originally designed for). The site changes on BA resulted in essentially a complete rebuild to scrap reviews.
Bad wording on my part. I never used it for cellar management since (for me) that changes more frequently than my reviews do. ISO a means of BA review backups.

levifunk, in your opinion, who has the best american sour program? Who are some promising up and comers? What will the American sour program become over the next 10 years and who will be leading the charge?
The best existing American sour program probably has to go to Russian River, but I think the American Sour game is changing drastically right now. You see much more brewers (and consumers) understanding what Lambic is and how much more complex it is than just a generic "sour" beer. I would have to highlight those breweries such as Jester King and Allagash who are pursuing traditional lambic production. I'm also very hopeful for Rivertown. Also, Crooked stave is doing so much to educate the american beer drinking population.

I think in the next 10 years you will see the American Sour category develop and split into multiple distinct categories. Currently we have 1 category that covers anything from 100% brett beers (not sour), to brett secondary beers (also not sour), to sour blondes, to american lambics. It is very confusing to label those all as one.

In regards to american lambics in the next 10 years I think we will have the start of a healthy program. Allagash is kind of leading the charge at the moment, but I hope to be right behind them ;)

Latest posts