LIF: Never Stop Improving (& win 3 boxes!)

Help Support Talkbeer:

Wednesday's Weekly Progress Update #1:

Weigh in this morning: Down 1.6lbs @ 232.4 (started at 234lbs on 1/2)

Cardio Update:
Goal #1: Run 80K between 1/2 and 1/15 - 68% complete, 55K in the books (34/49.7 miles).
Goal #2: Run 91 miles in January; 37% complete, 34/91
Goal #3: Run 1000 miles this year; 3% complete, 34/1000

Strength Goals - Need more data :)

Day 11 of no booze nor sugar

Consuming 2400-2500 calories per day and training with weights 4-5 times a week with cardio thrown in at least twice per week.

In the first 48-72 hours my weight dropped 2lbs but bounced right back. Im assuming that was just a water weight thing. Checked in the other day and im back down 2 from where I started. Gonna try to maintain -2 lbs per week by just keeping consistent with what im doing and bumping cardio up by 5 mins per session per week.

BadJustin

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Day 11 of no booze nor sugar

Consuming 2400-2500 calories per day and training with weights 4-5 times a week with cardio thrown in at least twice per week.

In the first 48-72 hours my weight dropped 2lbs but bounced right back. Im assuming that was just a water weight thing. Checked in the other day and im back down 2 from where I started. Gonna try to maintain -2 lbs per week by just keeping consistent with what im doing and bumping cardio up by 5 mins per session per week.

Cutting the sugar will help a lot man. Keep it up!

I've been walking the dogs more and more and alternating between a really fast walk and a light jog. Don't laugh at me, I am no where ready to actually run. Hell my lungs are still cleaning themselves out from 30 years of abuse.

As far as getting some muscle/toning, again don't laugh, I have been doing these workouts with the wife. She does these Beach Body, P-#0, Boot Camp ones nightly and I've incorporated 20# dumbbells. Damn that shit is tough and I am out of shape.

Cutting the sugar will help a lot man. Keep it up!

I've been walking the dogs more and more and alternating between a really fast walk and a light jog. Don't laugh at me, I am no where ready to actually run. Hell my lungs are still cleaning themselves out from 30 years of abuse.

As far as getting some muscle/toning, again don't laugh, I have been doing these workouts with the wife. She does these Beach Body, P-#0, Boot Camp ones nightly and I've incorporated 20# dumbbells. Damn that shit is tough and I am out of shape.
Noone has the right to laugh at anyone who is trying to improve. No matter how big your goals are and no matter where you are now, putting in the effort is what matters.

The no sugar consumption thing is kinda haphazard coincidence that I dont think is going to impact me as much as the no booze. My total calories consumed in beer were exponentially greater than sugar. I never had a sweet tooth except at Christmas performing my duties as Santa I wrecked the shit outta probably 3 dozen chocolate chip cookies. In the last 2 years I might have drank 3-4 sodas while drunk at taco bell.

Wife currently has fresh baked brownies, a medley of cookies and some cheesecake dessert thing in our kitchen that I walk by several times per day. I also have a good 8-10 beers in my fridge that im anxious to crack open but im a stubborn summabitch with willpower and determination to be leaner by my birthday in march.

Noone has the right to laugh at anyone who is trying to improve. No matter how big your goals are and no matter where you are now, putting in the effort is what matters.
100% this. I get so pissed when "fit" people fat-shame people at gyms, on bikes, on hikes, etc. If they're making the effort to show up and put in the work, that's miles beyond what many armchair warriors are willing to do. Especially since I've spent way more of my life on the "fat" end of the spectrum than the "fit" one.

BadJustin

Premium Supporter
Contributor
100% this. I get so pissed when "fit" people fat-shame people at gyms, on bikes, on hikes, etc. If they're making the effort to show up and put in the work, that's miles beyond what many armchair warriors are willing to do. Especially since I've spent way more of my life on the "fat" end of the spectrum than the "fit" one.

Did you just call me fat, Mike? RUDE

Cardio Update:
Goal #1: Run 80K between 1/2 and 1/15 - 68% complete, 55K in the books (34/49.7 miles).

Finished cardio goal #1 with an 11 mile run this afternoon. 50 miles/81k in 10 days. 4 days ahead of ahead of the deadline. Fuck yeah!

Finished cardio goal #1 with an 11 mile run this afternoon. 50 miles/81k in 10 days. 4 days ahead of ahead of the deadline. Fuck yeah!
Awesome! Nice job.

Small win for me had to travel for work yesterday, beers and good food with Co workers. Kept my calorie goals in check, and hit the hotel gym for an hour at 10:00 PM last night.

Have asthma and running in the cold has always been impossible for me. Running is something I love and the winters always made me not exercise cause of this.

Recently started running with a running face mask, got this tip from a coworker. Wow it works 100% figured I would share this tip, seems to be helping me drastically. Plus I look like I robbed a bank and am fleeing.

This thread fux, LIF or no LIF.

I just want to be able to swim the last workout I did before my heart attack last March. That was a 2600m ball buster, and I still have it in my phone.

Up to that point, I was swimming 3-4x a week, 2000-2500 meters per. Since March, I’ve been in the water only five times, going 500-800 per (that’s roughly equivalent to a warmup set).

Everyone’s situation has its unique challenges; mine is no different.

If I can finish that workout again by 1/1/2020 I would be very happy.

It would be great if we could keep this thread going throughout the year, regardless of who wins the LIF this month.

My plan is to get back in the water Monday 1/14 and go every other day after that. Midpoint goal is to average 2k per swim by July.

Thanks for doing this Kevin!
Whelp, baseline established.

Swam 800m today. Main set 10x 50m, alternating intensity. Heart rate maxed out at 144, just inside target range.

I’ll probably do this one twice more before moving on to the next workout in the training plan.

Cardio Update:

Weekly Wednesday Update:

Weigh in this morning = down a total of 4.8lbs sitting at 229.2lbs this morning.

Cardio Goal #2: 51 miles ran out of 91. Snowstorm got me slacking.
Best 1 mile effort so far: 6 mins 40 seconds on the treadmill (goal is sub-6, treadmill and outside)

Latest posts