LNBT 19

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

genuinedisciple1

Reaction score
Drinking Alone...don't judge me!

CDA0F223-44D0-462B-ADE3-6763C74F1B50-6964-00000610296F5A41_zps232a9666.jpg

Starting in on a growler of Kane Mosaic Double Dry Hopped Overhead. Originally I was going to send this to a trading partner, but after seeing the bar's growler fill method (fill pitcher with beer, pour pitcher into growler), I'll wait until I can get a better fill before I send him some Kane goodness.

How's it drinking, compared to fresh?
It's nice. Big and malty, very pleasant malt character. Still tons of bitterness to keep it balanced but now you can really taste and smell the malts here without too much hop fragrance in the way.

Evil Twin - Imperial Biscotti Break

My first bottle of this beer (and first Evil Twin bottle overall). In general, I think shittiness runs in that family, and I hate their prices, so I avoid ET and Sukkeller on principle.

That being said, I tried this on tap once and remember liking it, so I'm surprised I'm so underwhelmed now. I may not even finish it.

Coffee is only present as some acrid bitterness, vanilla is present on the initial taste and again in the exhalation. Good body with a nice roasty character; it has potential, but I expect a lot more from a nearly $20 bottle. 3/5

Picture from some shitty blog:

biscottibreak.jpg

I'm starting to remember why I don't drink beer as much anymore.

That being said, I tried this on tap once and remember liking it, so I'm surprised I'm so underwhelmed now. I may not even finish it.

Coffee is only present as some acrid bitterness, vanilla is present on the initial taste and again in the exhalation. Good body with a nice roasty character; it has potential, but I expect a lot more from a nearly $20 bottle. 3/5
It's weird, I had the same experience - drank it months ago and was blown away; I've tried it another 2-3 times since then and it's been pretty disappointing. The coffee fell off quick, and it seems like the beer is just totally off-balance without it.

It's weird, I had the same experience - drank it months ago and was blown away; I've tried it another 2-3 times since then and it's been pretty disappointing. The coffee fell off quick, and it seems like the beer is just totally off-balance without it.

I've got 1 bottle left...maybe I'll try to put some of it through my french press...I've had great results with some other beers...sounds like this one is a possibility for this.

Was it only made once? It popped up again recently at the local store, which is why I bought it. I assumed it was fresh.

I've got 1 bottle left...maybe I'll try to put some of it through my french press...I've had great results with some other beers...sounds like this one is a possibility for this.

Damn it... I already drainpoured it, or that would be an excellent suggestion. The funny thing is that I just got a new french press, and I remarked to my wife this morning that I couldn't wait to pour beer through it. What a missed opportunity.

That being said... Parabola and Para-joe-la pairing coming soon! Hopefully this week.

I moved on to Evan Williams Single Barrel 2003.

Evan_Williams_Single_Barrel_Vintage_2003.jpg

(Not my photo)

Gooood ****. As I remarked in the bourbon thread, this would probably improve with decanting. Turns out it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back