Lord Hobo Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they might be aiming a little high coming out of the gate with that much volume but I really hope it works out. You can never have too many good local cans. And I think Bitter Monk was the only "sour" IPA I've had but I thought it was excellent. I hope they can nail something along those lines.

Last edited:
I think they might be aiming a little high coming out of the gate with that much volume but I really hope it works out. You can never have too many good local cans. And I think Blushing Monk was the only "sour" IPA I've had but I thought it was excellent. I hope they can nail something along those lines.

Is there a version of Blushing Monk I'm not aware of? The Backstage one was a raspberry beer.

I hope the beer lives up to the name.. otherwise, it's kind of an invitation to ridicule:

"Boomsauce
the highest possible degree of amazing and perfection, a billion times stronger than 'awsome sauce'"
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Boomsauce

Also, the inclusion of "sauce" in the name of a beer has odd associations..

Hiring a Nightshift brewer does not sound like a good way to get things started... But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I try it for myself. Also Boom Sauce is the worst name for anything ever created in the history of ever.

I like it. BOOOOOOOOOM SAUCEEEE

Hiring a Nightshift brewer does not sound like a good way to get things started... But I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I try it for myself. Also Boom Sauce is the worst name for anything ever created in the history of ever.

I'm biased because I know and like the guy and drank his homebrew before he had a real brewing job, but in my mind Night Shift made a marked improvement when he was hired (but I think they also nailed down their process a bit, started getting access to some better hops, and released a few more sours, so I won't give him all the credit). He was never really head brewer at Night Shift, though, so I'm excited to see what he does with this opportunity.

I don't know if he knows "the secret" to making Boom Sauce a great IPA (because it seems pretty obvious that there are brewers who know how to make a top tier IPA and all of their IPAs will be top tier, and those who have no idea). I will say that I know he's constantly learning and they've been posting about visiting a ton of great breweries doing research, so I'm optimistic.

I'm biased because I know and like the guy and drank his homebrew before he had a real brewing job, but in my mind Night Shift made a marked improvement when he was hired (but I think they also nailed down their process a bit, started getting access to some better hops, and released a few more sours, so I won't give him all the credit). He was never really head brewer at Night Shift, though, so I'm excited to see what he does with this opportunity.

I don't know if he knows "the secret" to making Boom Sauce a great IPA (because it seems pretty obvious that there are brewers who know how to make a top tier IPA and all of their IPAs will be top tier, and those who have no idea). I will say that I know he's constantly learning and they've been posting about visiting a ton of great breweries doing research, so I'm optimistic.
The secret is dumping orange juice in at flameout.

Anyone got an update on this?

I want some boom boom sauce in my mouth mouth.

No updates. Apparently Hobo was suppose to host NERAX event end of the month and Hobo had to bail as the place wouldnt be ready? Not sure 100% the reason so don't take it as fact. Plan was open late March early April. My guess would be June. Who knows at this point.

No updates. Apparently Hobo was suppose to host NERAX event end of the month and Hobo had to bail as the place wouldnt be ready? Not sure 100% the reason so don't take it as fact. Plan was open late March early April. My guess would be June. Who knows at this point.
When did they bail on NERAX?

From one of the brewers:
3-5 weeks to production, so 6-8 weeks to cans/opening.

Awesome. I really enjoyed my visit to Lord Hobo when i picked up my Night Shift Cellar beers back in January

anyone care to describe the beers to me/us? someone on the other site said he got butter? is he just a dumb noob or should i not bother stopping by?

It's a shame to hear they aren't living up to people's expectations. It seems like a great location and Daniel is a stand up guy. You can only hope they succeed. A lot of money was put into that place.

Last edited:
anyone care to describe the beers to me/us? someone on the other site said he got butter? is he just a dumb noob or should i not bother stopping by?

One is dry, pithy, and bitter; the other is sweet, malty, and bitter. They're not very good.

I actually went and picked some up for myself. I think they are both good, but not great. Hopefully the beers improve with future batches. Keep up with the hyperbole everyone!

Back