Magnificent mile chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Futurepoop

Reaction score
Staying at the Marriott on mag mile starting tomorrow thru Monday. Anyone got suggestions of places to get beer to drink at hotel and bars to visit with good selection?? Cheers!

Binny's in the loop. Good walk or easy cab from the mile. Timothy O'Toole's for taps. Yeah, FIB sports bar but taps are legit unless you hate Zombie Dust.

Or just Uber it up north and have it all. FIB City.

Howells & Hood had a bunch of taps and was pretty good for the area. Eataly had a cool brewery with good guest taps and bottles. All easy walking distance.

Though, mass transit is really good in Chicago that just because you are staying around a certain area doesn't mean you cannot easily get somewhere else.

Though, mass transit is really good in Chicago that just because you are staying around a certain area doesn't mean you cannot easily get somewhere else.

Yeah, the Red and Blue lines are your friends. I'd GTFO out of River North ASAP if I were you.

Blue Line: Division stop - Bangers & Lace, Pub Royale, Jerry's ; Damen Stop - Links Taproom, Piece Pizza & Brewery, Big Star, Emporium Arcade Bar (lots of others with decent stuff, mostly good food); Western Stop - Map Room, Green Eye; California Stop - Revolution Brewpub, Radler; Logan Square stop - Longman & Eagle, Parts & Labor, The Owl (buncha other great food and cocktail places); Belmont Stop - Revolution Taproom

And all of those stops are right in a row. All of those places aren't crazy beer bars (some are), but they all have much better than average tap and/or bottle lists. I'd be happy to provide specific recs if you are looking for something in particular. I'll let someone else handle the Red line if you are up to exploring.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Red and Blue lines are your friends. I'd GTFO out of River North ASAP if I were you.

Blue Line: Division stop - Bangers & Lace, Pub Royale, Jerry's ; Damen Stop - Links Taproom, Piece Pizza & Brewery, Big Star, Emporium Arcade Bar (lots of others with decent stuff, mostly good food); Western Stop - Map Room, Green Eye; California Stop - Revolution Brewpub, Radler; Logan Square stop - Longman & Eagle, Parts & Labor, The Owl (buncha other great food and cocktail places); Belmont Stop - Revolution Taproom

And all of those stops are right in a row. All of those places aren't crazy beer bars (some are), but they all have much better than average tap and/or bottle lists. I'd be happy to provide specific recs if you are looking for something in particular. I'll let someone else handle the Red line if you are up to exploring.
What he said above, and Beer Menus will be your best friend as most of those places listed update it regularly.
You could also take an easy cab ride to the West Loop area where the food and drink options are too long to list with new places opening often. Favorites include Haymarket, Kaiser Tiger, Publican, Little Goat.

Binny's in the loop. Good walk or easy cab from the mile. Timothy O'Toole's for taps. Yeah, FIB sports bar but taps are legit unless you hate Zombie Dust.

Or just Uber it up north and have it all. FIB City.

Def looking to spend some time at a good sports bar to watch the away Bulls games at. Any good recs on that point? All about trying some zombie dust too

Def looking to spend some time at a good sports bar to watch the away Bulls games at. Any good recs on that point? All about trying some zombie dust too

I'm sure if you ask nicely they'll put the Bulls game on at FFF.

027374073-thumb_Is_this_thing_on.gif

Back