Marvel Cinematic Universe

Help Support Talkbeer:

Man, this thread was real confusing for the few minutes where I didn't realize that the only person on TB I've blocked is posting a bunch. For a while there it just looked like MordorMongo was having a total mental breakdown and arguing with himself.

On the other hand, I'm in the unenviable position of kind of agreeing with beeerear in that Spider-Man 2 is definitely a good movie, even if he's just being an asshole and not making any coherent points.

I felt the movie did a great job at giving us a grounded, conflicted character. Peter struggles to balance a real life along with superhero life. Molina was a terrifying Doc Oc. The movie managed a multitude of tones, it was funny, melancholic, intense, a little scary at times. The train scene is amazing and so was the fight on the building. I like the nod to spiderman no more, the movie really paid tribute to that iconic story.

Man, this thread was real confusing for the few minutes where I didn't realize that the only person on TB I've blocked is posting a bunch. For a while there it just looked like MordorMongo was having a total mental breakdown and arguing with himself.

On the other hand, I'm in the unenviable position of kind of agreeing with beeerear in that Spider-Man 2 is definitely a good movie, even if he's just being an asshole and not making any coherent points.

What's fantastic is I respect that you like it and I'm thrilled the fact I don't doesn't bother you enough to lash out like a three year old.

I'm not much of a fan of any newer superhero movies so I'm not a good gauge, but if Willem Dafoe wasn't Willem Dafoe, awesome in an inherently ridiculous way, the scene where the helmet talks to him would be an all time terrible scene.

Last edited:
I can actually mount a minor defense of three when I'm in the mood. It's not a good movie, but a lot of the things people dislike about it aren't accidents, they're intentional bits of weirdness that are of a piece with Sam Raimi's style. It's a weird, goofy movie but it's weird and goofy in the way Sam Raimi always is and since I'm a big Raimi fan that means I like those things even if they don't fit with a lot of people's ideas about what a Spider-Man movie should be.

I can actually mount a minor defense of three when I'm in the mood. It's not a good movie, but a lot of the things people dislike about it aren't accidents, they're intentional bits of weirdness that are of a piece with Sam Raimi's style. It's a weird, goofy movie but it's weird and goofy in the way Sam Raimi always is and since I'm a big Raimi fan that means I like those things even if they don't fit with a lot of people's ideas about what a Spider-Man movie should be.
You had me at "It's not a good movie"

;) LYMI

Fair enough, I think as a comic book fan this new Spider Man will be the closest thing we get to a real spiderman movie. It'll be cool to see an actual young actor grow up in the movies.

I'm not much of a fan of any newer superhero movies so I'm not a good gauge, but if Willem Dafoe wasn't awesome in an inherently ridiculous way, the scene where the helmet talks to him would be an all time terrible scene.
He was so good in that role, his costume was awful though.

look at the gif, the spider man in it is fake and the background is def green screened. her hair is even flowing in the wrong direction. I'm just saying the spider man movies directed by sam raimi were not that good.
It's early 2000's cgi of course it sucks now

he's not all that interesting imo, not enough for his own series
much more interested in seeing Lorris Tyrell as Iron Fist
woah they already casted an iron fist, didn't know that.

I agree luke cage role in jessica jones was lackluster but i predict his show will be good on netflix.

woah they already casted an iron fist, didn't know that.

I agree luke cage role in jessica jones was lackluster but i predict his show will be good on netflix.
I hope so, he was fine as a side character. Tyrell is perfect for Iron Fist though. Looks the part and I can see him being a cheeky homie.

Group Builder