Marvel Cinematic Universe

Help Support Talkbeer:

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
I definitely need a place to profess my man-love for all things Ennis.
I'm torn on Ennis. Obviously, I love Preacher though I think the series is showing its age now. I loved Hitman. Punisher was great: the perfect blend of violence and gallows humor (Steve Dillon's run particularly helped).

The Boys -- he utterly ran out of gas. I haven't checked out his work since.

Pretty obvious but
Quicksilver is alive, which duh, but he is in The Winter Soldier

I'm torn on Ennis. Obviously, I love Preacher though I think the series is showing its age now. I loved Hitman. Punisher was great: the perfect blend of violence and gallows humor (Steve Dillon's run particularly helped).

The Boys -- he utterly ran out of gas. I haven't checked out his work since.
I get where you're coming from. I think Preacher was so good though that it kinda skews the rest of his work for me. Such a good job of developing characters that you actually cared about in a short period of time.

"Kitchen Irish" was my favorite of the Punisher series. Just so gritty and perfect tone.

I agree The Boys started out much better than it finished but still really enjoyed it overall.

Crossed is the only thing he's done that I thought was super gratuitous. Seemed to be more interested in shock value than anything else.

And in that case, based on what? The only thing I can find are people speculating that this picture:

"obviously" shows Quicksilver in the holding tank. That blurry silhouette of who could be any one of a dozen characters, or just a random nobody.
that doesn't look like anybody recognizable. I hope quicksilver doesn't come back. His character was pretty weak

that doesn't look like anybody recognizable. I hope quicksilver doesn't come back. His character was pretty weak
His character was still better than the one in Days of Future Past, although that scene where they break Magneto out of the Pentagon was pretty damn awesome.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is probably my favorite of the last few years of Marvel movies. Excited as hell for Civil War in May. Thor: Ragnarok (which really might be a buddy-cop movie with Thor and Hulk, so perhaps my snark will need to be retracted) should be fun.

Avengers 2: Age of Ultron was mildly disappointing, but it served a useful purpose in setting up Tony Stark's evolution. From thinking (in Iron Man 2) that he alone knows best how to protect the US and his tech, to realizing others have his tech (Whiplash), to realizing there are worse threats out there (Avengers), to realizing even the Avengers threaten the world (Ultron) and needing a better solution for protection. Granted, his solution is terrible, but it's consistent with a highly-intelligent, wealthy, paranoid, PTSD alcoholic having too much time on his hands.
The truth. Watched Winter Soldier again a couple weeks ago on the plane - gritty and badass. Really looking forward to the Civil War and beyond, into more Infinity War fun.

I'll just leave this here

His character was still better than the one in Days of Future Past, although that scene where they break Magneto out of the Pentagon was pretty damn awesome.

The truth. Watched Winter Soldier again a couple weeks ago on the plane - gritty and badass. Really looking forward to the Civil War and beyond, into more Infinity War fun.

I'll just leave this here

I think your list is out of date, as there is no way in FUCK Fantastic Four 2 is ever happening ever, lol.

Also after Batman v Supes fails in *looks at calendar* 2 weeks, the entire DC pipeline will change. HA.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
Also after Batman v Supes fails in *looks at calendar* 2 weeks, the entire DC pipeline will change. HA.
I think people are way too hard on the DC movies. I realize they're a little darker than people expect (at least Man of Steel was), but on a quality basis I think they're on par with Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and the Thor movies, all of which were ok.

I'm cautiously optimistic about BvS.

But yes, as lurchingbeast pointed out when I posted that photo last year, "LOL at planning movies 5 years out" or something to that effect.

I think people are way too hard on the DC movies. I realize they're a little darker than people expect (at least Man of Steel was), but on a quality basis I think they're on par with Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, and the Thor movies, all of which were ok.

I'm cautiously optimistic about BvS.

But yes, as lurchingbeast pointed out when I posted that photo last year, "LOL at planning movies 5 years out" or something to that effect.
I like DC movies, but I just think BvS is a film no one asked for.

Completely disagree. Nerds have been waiting for Batman and Superman on screen together for a long time, and getting them to fight, basically Dark Knight Returns brought to life, is fulfilling a huge want for a lot of people.

Whether the movie will be good or not is really a moot point. It is already a success based on the presale tickets. BvS will make a lot of money and as long as it's not complete garbage, the rest of the schedule will not change based on its theatrical run.

Arbitrator

Not Patrick
TDKR wish fulfillment aside, it's almost certainly Justice League: Origins in Act 2+3, which I'm fine with.

I assumed it would borrow heavily from the animated movie (War?).

Latest posts

Group Builder