MBG Winter BeerFest 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjshearer1

Reaction score
1932401_10154642946040080_4377729795280897198_n.jpg

Mark your calendars, it's two days now!

Friday, February 27 (3pm to 7pm)
& Saturday, February 28, 2015 (1pm to 6pm)

Tickets: $45/person, on sale Thursday, December 4 (with Enthusiast pre-sale Tuesday & Wednesday, Dec. 2 & 3)

http://www.mibeer.com/winter-festival

In for Saturday! 9 years in a row for me. Now we pray for good weather.

Got talked into it again. Last time was my first at the GR edition. Bit of a logistical cluster but had a great time once inside.
I'll be there Saturday. Staying at Courtyard.

one hour less for the same price on Friday? guess you have to drink faster... Great fest haven't been since the first year outside at the ballpark... Need to get back...

Get a hopper pass. They run shuttles to and from the fest and your pass gets you use of the hopper all night.

Www.grhopper.com
That would be my suggestion as well.
Warning, last year trying to find this bus amongst the chaos following the fest was an adventure, as was cramming people on to it and eventually getting out of the log jam back downtown.
Patience was definitely a virtue last winter.

Also, make sure you get on the right bus. A few years ago I got on the wrong hopper and ended up on the opposite side of town of my hotel. $30+ cab ride kinda sucked.

It should be easier this year since they are only doing 2 routes, I think they use to do 4 or 5.

Thanks for the recommendation. Is doing the 1:30 shuttle enough time to be there for the early entry at 2? Or am I better off doing the 1pm shuttle?
I'm guessing you're going Friday based on the times you've noted. I'm sure that'll be enough time. I don't anticipate Friday being nearly as crazy as Saturday. But this is the first time they've done Friday for winter beerfest.

I'm in for Friday as well. Not an enthusiast so we are taking the 3pm shuttle. There are so many beers to try and it usually takes about an hour and a half until I don't remember anything so getting there right at open isn't a priority for us.
That long?

I prefer to enjoy my beers until I am blackout drunk. Also, I'm fat.

Af9TEov.jpg

You gonna be there Friday?
I thought you could get drunk quicker.... you must be losing weight, brah. ;)
Sadly, not going to either day this year.

Anyone know of an extra ticket or possibly 2? My future brother in law is in town for my sister's bridal shower and he needs to get drunk before he has to show up for that ****.

Back