ME/VT vacation help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capnmike

Reaction score
Hello all--

I'm coming to the region for a week, as follows: Boston, Popham Beach, Acadia, Burlington. I will have a wife and a kid with me who are very much NOT into beer.

If you were making this loop and could make 1, maybe 2 beer detours, what would your choices be?

Looks like HF makes a 6.5 hour drive from Acadia to Burlington into a 7.25 hour drive (adds 45 minutes) - should this be the choice?

Allagash? Something else for a brew-centric stop that takes less time?

I would also love any recommendations for places near the beach, the park, or in Burlington where you can get a great MEAL (with an awesome draft list) :)

Thanks in advance! Tried searching first, but results were many and muddy.

Will you be bringing beers home (have extra car space?) or just looking to have some drinks at a bar/restaurant? If you're planning to buy beers to take home a 45 min detour to HF is well worthwhile, you may have to settle for only bottles though as the wait for draft fills can be more than most wives/kids are willing to put up with. If you're looking to have a few beers at a bar, you'd be better off going tip Waterbury, Montpelier, or straight to Burlington.

Additionally, I'd try and hit Trillium in Boston.

I might have room in the suitcase for 5-6 bottles - probably no growlers though.

So, a little from Column A, a little from Column B :)

Thanks!

Back