Mead Mead Reviews

Help Support Talkbeer:

I opened a bottle from 2014 on Saturday (during the Warriors game!)

I think the mouthfeel and complete lack of heat are the Schramm hallmarks that have yet to be matched. I love the tannic tartness of Agnes. Just tremendous balance, reminiscent of me as a child visiting Knott's Berry Farm and trying fresh samples of their berry syrups.

I won't be ashamed to admit that my wife and her friend cut their pours with a little soda water, and it turned the mead into something else that was also amazing. A Schramm's Soda. I've previously experimented with it, creating Black Bellinis and Agnes Old Fashioneds, which were delicious too. A little goes a long way.

Thanks again for a great product.
Cheers!

Popped this with hannydawg, lurchingbeast, Bill, fear025, Gonzoillini, MordorMongo and imperialking.

Was unsure whether to post here or nope thread. Not enough honey to qualify as mead. Tastes like mineral water.

This, on the other hand, is doing awesome:

As is this. All blueberry and white chocolate and pairs awesome with other chocolate:

Paired this with a Reese's egg. Has lost a lot of the fruit and acidity, from here would maybe hold again and try later at this point. Either drink fresh or let it hold further.

This is super fruity, but also fairly acidic. I have one more I am going to hold for 2 or more years.

X Post from the DDT thread.

Misbeehavin Meads I Just Blue Myself Blueberry & Maple Syrup Mead aged on Hard Maple Wood. Blueberry juice and tannin working with a bit of maple character and a nice woody / oak like background with a clean dry body. Drinkable and really pleasant with little sign of the 13% adv. Recommended for sure.

Bee Well Mead & Cider's - Cherry Vanilla

thanks again CJMullins and Johnnie Nepal for that unreal box from the mead superbowl squares. This is pretty excellent. Has a nice soft effervescence that works really well over the rich thick cherry mead making it really light and ideal for a late afternoon drink. The vanilla adds a lot and seems needed here to tame back the cherry. Very happy to have tried this.

Decided to use Dark Lord Day as an excuse to clear out a good bit of my mead collection (and also got to try more of Preismj's absurdly good stuff). I was not disappointed by the decision. The only problem is I don't have a super great recollection of the stuff, aside from "holy shit this is really good" for just about everything. A couple things that stood out...

I was pleasantly surprised by both Blue Berry White and Endo. I think BBW has been my favorite of the set to this point (still need to open Straw Berry). It did not seem as sickly sweet as BW/Black, but I also had it between a bunch of pastry stouts. Endo has a great, silky mouthfeel in the beginning that gives way to a surprising tartness. I've had it before, but wasn't as impressed the first time around.

Popped this while i was in shenandoah over the weekend. Celebrating proposing to my gf (she said yes). Big thanks to trickytunadicky for sending this my way a few months back. This is arguably the "smoothest" mead ive had, no alcohol bite, and acidity is on the low end. Classic jammy schramms mouthfeel, and bursting with dark berry flavor. A wonderful treat. Thanks again

Popped this while i was in shenandoah over the weekend. Celebrating proposing to my gf (she said yes). Big thanks to trickytunadicky for sending this my way a few months back. This is arguably the "smoothest" mead ive had, no alcohol bite, and acidity is on the low end. Classic jammy schramms mouthfeel, and bursting with dark berry flavor. A wonderful treat. Thanks again
Congratulations!

Winning.

'Grats!

Decided to use Dark Lord Day as an excuse to clear out a good bit of my mead collection (and also got to try more of Preismj's absurdly good stuff). I was not disappointed by the decision. The only problem is I don't have a super great recollection of the stuff, aside from "holy shit this is really good" for just about everything. A couple things that stood out...

I was pleasantly surprised by both Blue Berry White and Endo. I think BBW has been my favorite of the set to this point (still need to open Straw Berry). It did not seem as sickly sweet as BW/Black, but I also had it between a bunch of pastry stouts. Endo has a great, silky mouthfeel in the beginning that gives way to a surprising tartness. I've had it before, but wasn't as impressed the first time around.
I remember finding Endo a bit more tannic than I prefer, but that flavor can age out. I have one left, so it may be about ready for me to revisit.

Latest posts