Micro Brewery Project in South East Asia -

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kbkbrew

Reaction score
Hi Beerslovers,

I want to set up a MicroBrewery in SouthEast Asia and I would like a bit of insight from you guys, Brewmasters and beer lovers.

I would love to hear some stories on how you started your journey, issues you met on your way, advices of any kind..

• How and where you got your gear from ( second hand and/or new ) ?

What would be for you the ideal setup with a budget of 20K $ (Im talking brewing equipments only).

We would like to buy most of it 2nd hand. Is there any specific items we should rather get new, what is you feeling about 2nd hand stuff when it comes to brewing?

Cheers !!

Depending on how big your brewhouse will be, you won't be able to acquire much with $20k....unless you're gonna run a 1bbl brewhouse.

You could buy a blichmann 1bbl electric herms w/ a few 1bbl ssbrewtech unitanks + glycol system. That's about it....but you would be brewing damn near every day with such small volume.

Last edited:
Hi Beerslovers,

I want to set up a MicroBrewery in SouthEast Asia and I would like a bit of insight from you guys, Brewmasters and beer lovers.

I would love to hear some stories on how you started your journey, issues you met on your way, advices of any kind..

• How and where you got your gear from ( second hand and/or new ) ?

What would be for you the ideal setup with a budget of 20K $ (Im talking brewing equipments only).

We would like to buy most of it 2nd hand. Is there any specific items we should rather get new, what is you feeling about 2nd hand stuff when it comes to brewing?

Cheers !!

You need to talk to a chinese equipment broker. Not dudes on a forum.

Jank together the kettle and mash tun, idk about your country but look into used dairy equipment. Then get some chinese tanks, just make sure to test that they are really stainless.

Hi Triple!

I would like to thank you for your advices!

This is what we found locally (Its 2nd hand, It was being used by a brewery that is now closed):

1/ 1000 liters brew
-Mash Cooker
-Lauter tun and whirlpool
- Chiller
- Cooling compressor
-10 Units of FT (1000 Liters per FT)
- CIP tanks (acid and caustic soda)

2/500 Liters Brew
-Mash tun, lauter tun, whirlpool together
- 5FT (500 Liters per FT) fix with chiller on the tank

Do you think that would be a good set up to start with?
I will start checking on Chinese Tanks on Alibaba and similar website as well.

Thank you for your help!

Hi Triple!

I would like to thank you for your advices!

This is what we found locally (Its 2nd hand, It was being used by a brewery that is now closed):

1/ 1000 liters brew
-Mash Cooker
-Lauter tun and whirlpool
- Chiller
- Cooling compressor
-10 Units of FT (1000 Liters per FT)
- CIP tanks (acid and caustic soda)

2/500 Liters Brew
-Mash tun, lauter tun, whirlpool together
- 5FT (500 Liters per FT) fix with chiller on the tank

Do you think that would be a good set up to start with?
I will start checking on Chinese Tanks on Alibaba and similar website as well.

Thank you for your help!
That should be great. Check and see if it has fruit flies growing in it.

Back