Mikkeller Beer Celebration Copenhagen 2019

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sneakychi

Reaction score
Ticket sales start today:

Copy-pasta:
TICKET TYPES

YELLOW: Friday May 10 10:00-14:00

BLUE: Friday May 10 16:00-20:00

RED: Saturday May 11 10:00-14:00

GREEN: Saturday May 11 16:00-20:00

PINK: All session

GOLD:
- All session
- 20 minutes early access to MBCC 2019
- Exclusive Mikkeller beach towel
- Exclusive MBCC 2019 glass
- Exclusive beer (to bring home)
- Pre event Monday May 6th
- Early wristband pick up from Monday May 6 to Thursday May 9th at Mikkeller General Store from 14:00-16:00

PLATINUM:
- All session
- 20 minutes early access to MBCC 2019
- Exclusive Mikkeller beach towel
- Exclusive MBCC 2019 glass
- Exclusive beer (to bring home)
- Pre event Monday May 6th
- Early wristband pick up from Monday May 6 to Thursday May 9th at Mikkeller General Store from 14:00-16:00
- Exclusive MBCC Platinum 2019 tee
- Early access to Tap Takeovers & Bottle releases during MBW 2019

TICKET PRICES
All tickets includes entrance, an official MBCC 2019 glass and beer.

YELLOW: 515 dkk
BLUE: 515 dkk
RED: 515 dkk
GREEN: 515 dkk
PINK: 1.905 dkk
GOLD: 2.800 dkk
PLATINUM: 3.500 dkk

Anyone going?

wow, thats a lot of donkey kongs! dont think I will make it this year, although I have really enjoyed this fest in the past. sneakychi ill let you know if I am doing any other Europe beer fests though!

NTGBSa6.gif

In...luh dat pink!

Interested in going to maybe a couple of sessions. Any suggestions on a neighborhood to stay in?
Don't have much input here really, but we've usually stayed near the festival area (Kødbyen) along Istedgade nearish to the train station which is ok during the days, but at nighttime it has a...not super cool vibe (some prostitutes/drugs). Never been a issue for us though.

In...luh dat pink!
Yay! See you there! =)

Don't have much input here really, but we've usually stayed near the festival area (Kødbyen) along Istedgade nearish to the train station which is ok during the days, but at nighttime it has a...not super cool vibe (some prostitutes/drugs). Never been a issue for us though.

Thanks. I'm familiar with that area. A friend of mine got groped by one of the crackheads as she was walking towards Warpigs one afternoon. I've walked around there myself and agree it's not the best during the evening. I think it might be a bit better down the block on Sønder Blvd though. I'll keep looking.

I'll be with the same group of degenerates as last year, plus another friend/beer geek who will be popping his København cherry. We'll have to link up for a bite to eat too.

322???
Definitely in! :)

I’m doing yellow-blue-green. Gold feels less worth it this year, and for some reason I’m always so tired Saturday morning..

Last edited:
Best place for a meetup that I've seen, if not at the event itself, is sitting outside at Warpigs or inside at 1420. Don't know for sure if shares are allowed at either location. Every other place I visited is too small for a group larger than 10 or so.

Best place for a meetup that I've seen, if not at the event itself, is sitting outside at Warpigs or inside at 1420. Don't know for sure if shares are allowed at either location. Every other place I visited is too small for a group larger than 10 or so.
If the weather allows, we could always set up a little share in some park or wherever. Either eat somewhere before/after or just bring some pizza or other takeout there. Denmark doesn’t have any law that prohibits drinking in public :)

Not much to talk about in this thread, but they've been dropping some breweries the last weeks..current list:

BREWERIES

Amager Bryghus
Arclight Brewing
Aslin Beer Co.
Bearded Iris
Bokkereyder
Boneyard Beer
Burnt Mill
Cellador Ales
Collective Arts Brewing
DEYA
Foam Brewers
Fonta Flora Brewery
Fremont Brewing
FUERST WIACEK GbR
Gaffel Kölsch
Grimm
Hill Farmstead
Homage Brewing
HOMES Brewery
Industrial Arts
Mahrs Brau
Moksa Brewing Co
Oud Beersel
Pure Project
Seven Island Brewery
Speciation Artisan Ales
Thin Man
Whiplash
Wylam

Anyone in here have experience going to all sessions? I have the opportunity to buy the Gold ticket - is it worth it, or should I stick to one of the daily sessions?

Anyone in here have experience going to all sessions? I have the opportunity to buy the Gold ticket - is it worth it, or should I stick to one of the daily sessions?
Bought the Gold ticket last year. Phenomenal time, albeit a looooong weekend of boozing it up, especially if you keep drinking during lunch between sessions. If you don't have access to a Pink ticket, absolutely buy the Gold over a single session or two. Otherwise, you'll miss out on 75% or 50% of the beers, respectively.

Went Pink this year myself.

Depends when you arrive in CPH as the extra session for gold will be on Monday already instead of the Sunday after the festival. The only serious benefit that is left for gold over pink is the 20 min early entry per session. From last year experience that is 2 of the best/most rare beers from the session. Not enough for me to justify the difference in price so I went for pink.

If you can control yourself and eat and drink water well it is okay to do 2 sessions a day.

Pace yourself. Know you're not going to be able to try everything (unless you're part of a ticker group). Enjoy your trip and don't stress about it. If you do that, then it's fine. But if you try to go hard for all 4 sessions, good luck.

Pace yourself. Know you're not going to be able to try everything (unless you're part of a ticker group). Enjoy your trip and don't stress about it. If you do that, then it's fine. But if you try to go hard for all 4 sessions, good luck.
Yea probably good advice to just chill on one session. We’ll see how that works out ‍♂️

Not much to talk about in this thread, but they've been dropping some breweries the last weeks..current list:

BREWERIES

Amager Bryghus
Arclight Brewing
Aslin Beer Co.
Bearded Iris
Bokkereyder
Boneyard Beer
Burnt Mill
Cellador Ales
Collective Arts Brewing
DEYA
Foam Brewers
Fonta Flora Brewery
Fremont Brewing
FUERST WIACEK GbR
Gaffel Kölsch
Grimm
Hill Farmstead
Homage Brewing
HOMES Brewery
Industrial Arts
Mahrs Brau
Moksa Brewing Co
Oud Beersel
Pure Project
Seven Island Brewery
Speciation Artisan Ales
Thin Man
Whiplash
Wylam

Gaffel lol!!???

I've got a Gold ticket and hope to attend the pre-event on Monday, apart of this I will be around CPH till the main event, what do you guys think about a BS through the week?

Hey guys, I am bring a bottle case with me to CBC and wanted to see if there were any traders that wanted to exchange! Looking for lambic and have a great list to offer. PM me and looking forward to seeing everyone there!!

So when's everybody getting into CPH? Aiming for any specific events?

So when's everybody getting into CPH? Aiming for any specific events?
Im arriving on wednesday. Thinking of catching Angry Chair TTO, Tired Hands TTO and Cloudwater TTO.

Not quite sure if I even bother with Blåbær release on thursday. Might go a little later in hope of getting some Equilibrium though.

Im arriving on wednesday. Thinking of catching Angry Chair TTO, Tired Hands TTO and Cloudwater TTO.

Not quite sure if I even bother with Blåbær release on thursday. Might go a little later in hope of getting some Equilibrium though.
I'll be there Tuesday. Probably going to the AC and TH TTOs too. Moksa's looks tempting as well.

I think the Blåbär release will be complete madness now that they've hyped it up even more, giving extra bottles to 50 first in line and magnum lottery for the first 10. Will be interesting to see how early people start lining up.

Equilibrium will do a TTO at Fermentoren on Saturday too.

I'll be there Tuesday. Probably going to the AC and TH TTOs too. Moksa's looks tempting as well.

I think the Blåbär release will be complete madness now that they've hyped it up even more, giving extra bottles to 50 first in line and magnum lottery for the first 10. Will be interesting to see how early people start lining up.

Equilibrium will do a TTO at Fermentoren on Saturday too.
Yeah, I think Blåbær will be madness. I saw they allowed queing to start at 05.00. Thinking of going to Monkish release instead.

Had a great time hanging with the crew, new and old. sneakychi and his brother, 322, the "Polish Mafia", my Belgian roommates, my local German drinking team and a host of others. A fun weekend, but man, I had to pace myself...I'm old. May just hit 2 sessions next year.

Really neat to see the North Korean brewery on site pouring beers.

Back