MMA thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

I want to believe
I will say about Cejudo, he has A+ fight IQ and his coaches are some of the best around. The rumors of the prefight injury were true and Moraes had that lead leg all tore up in round 1. Cejudo seemed to have nothing for Moraes. He switched up his gameplan between rounds and pushed forward on a bum leg which I think surprised Moraes. I didn't love the stoppage but Cejudo deserves a ton of credit for turning that fight around.

I will say about Cejudo, he has A+ fight IQ and his coaches are some of the best around. The rumors of the prefight injury were true and Moraes had that lead leg all tore up in round 1. Cejudo seemed to have nothing for Moraes. He switched up his gameplan between rounds and pushed forward on a bum leg which I think surprised Moraes. I didn't love the stoppage but Cejudo deserves a ton of credit for turning that fight around.
The change from round 1 to round 2 was insane. That's why I think he would get a lot more respect if he would shut up once in a while and not put his Olympic medal on every second he breathes lol.

Holyyyyyy shiiiiiiit! It's time! A little quicker than I expected for Zhang but I knew she'd be here eventually.

Reactions: joe
Superior prospect Adam Borics KO's an unusually conservative Aaron Pico.

That's three KO losses. When does the hype die?
Isn't it just 2 KO losses and 1 by submission? Either way not a good start. I don't even know why Pico was fighting someone with that many pro fights. I've had a long standing belief Scott Coker either treats prospects with kids gloves for life or throws them into the deep end of the pool way too early. Jake Hager will be fighting random fat people for years to come.

Isn't it just 2 KO losses and 1 by submission? Either way not a good start. I don't even know why Pico was fighting someone with that many pro fights. I've had a long standing belief Scott Coker either treats prospects with kids gloves for life or throws them into the deep end of the pool way too early. Jake Hager will be fighting random fat people for years to come.
You're right, Zach Freeman dropped him with an uppercut before the guillotine though.

Dontale Mayes just melted Prasel on Contender Series. Looked like he's finally putting his impressive tools together.

And knew....
Watched that woman come up through the Kunlun promotion. Every bit as satisfying as Adesanya for me. Love her style. She has an incredible submission game too that we haven't seen her use in the UFC.

Those elbows.

Weili Zhang is a future 115 lbs champ. The total package. A brutal finisher in a division that is severely lacking them.

Watched that woman come up through the Kunlun promotion. Every bit as satisfying as Adesanya for me. Love her style. She has an incredible submission game too that we haven't seen her use in the UFC.

Those elbows.
I was afraid for a moment they were going to break the action because the elbows were getting close to landing to the back of the head.

Crazy few weeks in mma and this thread was dead. Stipe rib roasts Cormier and then knocked him into the shadow realm. Horiguchi loses. Nate Diaz.

I was afraid for a moment they were going to break the action because the elbows were getting close to landing to the back of the head.

Crazy few weeks in mma and this thread was dead. Stipe rib roasts Cormier and then knocked him into the shadow realm. Horiguchi loses. Nate Diaz.
Yeah the other site is slightly more active now, for better or worse.

Latest posts