Monkish Brewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackgnome1

Reaction score
kENh4yZ.jpg

Figured I'd start a thread for them on TB

Monkish Brewing Co
20311 S. Western Ave. Torrance, CA 90501
IG: @MonkishBrewing

Can releases, bottle sales, news, etc.

on SUNDAY OCTOBER 23rd, we will have another special release. We would have done it on the 22nd to keep our Saturday tradition, but we will be out of town for Funkendank in Santa Rosa. So...we are driving back immediately following the fest to get some beer in your hands! More info to come as we work out the plan!
http://www.monkishbrewing.com/releases/
Can release this Sunday 23rd, no time set yet.

+

My surprise that folks getting in line got the same allotment as those who waited at 3am and even last night. HA!

Henry's doing it right by adjusting accordingly based on turn out.
Yeah that was the best move they have done since starting can releases. It was fair since a lot of people kept arriving earlier and earlier to get the "full allotment" Hopefully that discourages people from showing up at 9pm the night before. I can't believe people brought out tents and were sleeping on the concrete, never thought I'd see that for beer.

Last edited:
Yeah that was the best move they have done since starting can releases. It was fair since a lot of people kept arriving earlier and earlier to get the "full allotment" Hopefully that discourages people from showing up at 9pm the night before. I can't believe people brought out tents and were sleeping on the concrete, never thought I'd see that for beer.

But you can trade them for SARA cellar beers. Equity dog!

PS Send all the JFK->LAX to me. Had a tick at a share and it was indeed, bomb.com. I hope to God they brew it again. Any updates appreciated.

But you can trade them for SARA cellar beers. Equity dog!

PS Send all the JFK->LAX to me. Had a tick at a share and it was indeed, bomb.com. I hope to God they brew it again. Any updates appreciated.
Haha I still can't believe someone traded Empty Sea for ipa. Doubt they will do JFK2LAX again since it was a collab and they haven't repeated any beers to date. Was one of the best triple ipas I've ever had

Spock It was one of my favorites of the IPAs.

Two more bottles coming soon:

Bisous is a mixed-fermentation saison ale aged in oak wine barrels with boysenberry. Berry, jammy, tart, with earthy funkiness. ABV 7.4%

Brett Heart is a farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with raspberries to celebrate our friends at TheFullPint.com for their recent 9th anniversary celebration! Berry brightness and tart with earthy funk. ABV 5.0%

Spock It was one of my favorites of the IPAs.

Two more bottles coming soon:

Bisous is a mixed-fermentation saison ale aged in oak wine barrels with boysenberry. Berry, jammy, tart, with earthy funkiness. ABV 7.4%

Brett Heart is a farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with raspberries to celebrate our friends at TheFullPint.com for their recent 9th anniversary celebration! Berry brightness and tart with earthy funk. ABV 5.0%
For those not on the Pre-pre purchase list, public sale is Thursday at 12PM PT

Growler restock and 2 IPAs available for growler fills; Eric C. is President and Irate State. Great for all of you that don't want to stand in line for cans.

Nah I had to work, you can make it up to me by saving me a can :rolleyes:

Hahaha! You got it! I never get cans, so I feel like I won something. Probably going to hit them up again before THanksgiving to get growler fills for the holiday (since I couldn't today...I can only wait in so many lines).

Lets work something out before then!

42753c1c-6b26-4f71-867a-c5e827247fe5.jpg

> Bottle Release: Lost Cat & Celestial Fuzz
|| LOST CAT || Inspired by our feral cat rescue, Cleo (the reigning Feline Queen of the brewery), we made a beer fit for royal personalities. Lost Cat is a mixed-fermentation saison ale aged in oak wine barrels with black raspberries. Berry, jammy, tart, with a bit of funkiness. 7.2% ABV (750ml corked & caged champagne-style bottles). Only 600 bottles. Limit 2 bottles per person.
|| CELESTIAL FUZZ || You'll ascend into a galaxy of tartness with this saison aged in a French oak foudre with our house mixed culture of wild yeast and souring bacteria and then with nectarines and yellow peaches from the wonderful Masumoto Family Farms. The stone fruit is strong with this one, giving us a tart and bright beer with earthy funkiness. 6.0% ABV (750ml corked & caged champagne-style bottles). Only 700 bottles. Limit 2 bottles per person.

PURCHASING DETAILS:
Lost Cat = $18 + Eventbrite fee per 750ml bottle (sales tax & CRV included). Limit TWO bottles per person.

Celestial Fuzz = $16 + Eventbrite fee per 750ml bottle (sales tax & CRV included). Limit TWO bottles per person.

Online presale begins Thursday, 12/8 at 12:00pm
http://lostcatandcelestialfuzz.eventbrite.com/

|| LOST CAT || Inspired by our feral cat rescue, Cleo (the reigning Feline Queen of the brewery), we made a beer fit for royal personalities. Lost Cat is a mixed-fermentation saison ale aged in oak wine barrels with black raspberries. Berry, jammy, tart, with a bit of funkiness. 7.2% ABV (750ml corked & caged champagne-style bottles). Only 600 bottles. Limit 2 bottles per person.
|| CELESTIAL FUZZ || You'll ascend into a galaxy of tartness with this saison aged in a French oak foudre with our house mixed culture of wild yeast and souring bacteria and then with nectarines and yellow peaches from the wonderful Masumoto Family Farms. The stone fruit is strong with this one, giving us a tart and bright beer with earthy funkiness. 6.0% ABV (750ml corked & caged champagne-style bottles). Only 700 bottles. Limit 2 bottles per person.

PURCHASING DETAILS:
Lost Cat = $18 + Eventbrite fee per 750ml bottle (sales tax & CRV included). Limit TWO bottles per person.

Celestial Fuzz = $16 + Eventbrite fee per 750ml bottle (sales tax & CRV included). Limit TWO bottles per person.

Has Monkish mentioned whether they will be open on the 24th/25th?

Has Monkish mentioned whether they will be open on the 24th/25th?
> Holiday Hours Announcement

Here are our upcoming hours during the holiday season:
Sunday 12/11: 1-5pm (closing early for our employee holiday party)
Saturday 12/24 Christmas Eve: 12-4pm
Sunday 12/25 Christmas Day: CLOSED
Saturday 12/31 New Year's Eve: 12-5pm
Sunday 1/1 New Year's Day: 1-8pm (back to normal hours)

Unless specified here, the hours will be normal for all other days!

PURCHASING DETAILS:

Had Celestial Fuzz at Battle of the Guilds at Toronado during SD beer week. So much stone fruit. Loved it

Back