mosh pit

Help Support Talkbeer:

so back in the day i was kinda a bad ass in the pit, never once got dropped always had some big ass dude cover my back,

so who on the beer drinking scene would you want to cover your back in the pit

i once had some little mexican looking guy try to fight me few times cus i decided the band on stage sucked terribly and had half the crowd giving the middle finger,
he came at me few times and then got shoved across the pit by some jolly green giant next me, he agreed they sucked

One time during a Pennywise show the little dude in front of my bucked up really hard and smashed my nose with the back of his head. I was bleeding profusely all over my white t-shirt (undershirt, dark blue dickies, vans...white guy uniform). So after I stopped the bleeding I got back into the pit with blood crusted in my hair, all over my face and covering roughly 1/3 of my shirt. Instant respect.

so who on the beer drinking scene would you want to cover your back in the pit
So many to choose from. Lobo, Markintihar, the brewer from Surly...I think I would probably get up on top of Trxxpxxs's tall ass shoulders and ride around like the dude from Mad Max...

best ever was one of my first shows, bouncing souls and vision
smallest guy by far in group, also pretty drunk only 16 hey gotta start young where im from

my boy likes to fuck wit me in pit, all of sudden bouncer gets tired of seen him fuck wit me, grabs guy by throat straight choke slam style to the concrete,
dont fuck wit the lil guy, he either got ballz/back or both

not that I ever needed help in a pit (kind of a bigger dude), but if I did, Henry Rollins was quite the role model to me:
I went to see "Rollins Speaks" while I was in college and he blew my mind. I previously thought I suffered from an attention span deficiency of some sort. However listening to him talk, nearly 4 hours went by and I was pissed that he was done talking.

The most intense pit ive ever been in was circa 2003. I went to see six feet under on their bringer of blood tour. It took place in the basement of a tatoo parlor in state college. I was 3 feet from Chris Barnes the entire show, turned around and saw a guy's face get smashed by some emo chick who was jumping around doing karate kicks and shit with spiked ankle bracelets and arm bands. He fell, hit his head on concrete and was removed via stretcher.

Woodstock '99 - I am pretty sure we were jumping around on dead bodies in the pit. It didnt matter how big you were, the sheer volume of people there would pick you up off your feet and move you.

Craziest one was probably at The Glasshouse back in 04, forget who played but it was a solid line up of local metalcore type bands, I think maybe Everytime I Die was the headline. "Heavy hands crew" was there, phaggots that would wear weightlifting gloves with lead in them. wrek'd those kuntz.

Children of Bodom at House of Blues was another good.

One time during a Pennywise show the little dude in front of my bucked up really hard and smashed my nose with the back of his head. I was bleeding profusely all over my white t-shirt (undershirt, dark blue dickies, vans...white guy uniform). So after I stopped the bleeding I got back into the pit with blood crusted in my hair, all over my face and covering roughly 1/3 of my shirt. Instant respect.

So many to choose from. Lobo, Markintihar, the brewer from Surly...I think I would probably get up on top of Trxxpxxs's tall ass shoulders and ride around like the dude from Mad Max...

You sure it wasn't the hot water music, small brown bike, propagandi show?I did a little unintentional nose breaking at that show. Guy came back too.

The worst I had it was taking an elbow to the temple at a rage against the machine show. Definitely hurt. All the colorful bird flying around Zach de la Roca were pretty fucking cool though

And I already have a BA to watch my back at shows. You fuckers will probably never have the pleasure of meeting him (except Libby who already has) - Tweidman

Not a big fan of the hyper aggressive pits, myself. I feel like after a certain point you may as well just go out back and beat the shit out of each other without the band in the background. To be fair, I'm kind of old fashioned when it comes to punk anyway - you don't see much worse than very aggressive pogo-ing at an X show.

That said, we had a great show at the Black Cat in DC, where we threw the drummer from Pissed Jeans over the bar!

Latest posts