US - Great Lakes Motherfucking 4elf

Help Support Talkbeer:

Remind me, when do I need to show up Saturday to get just a case of reg BBpt5 and attend party? Midday? Or do I need to get a ticket or order form or something?

My brother went down last year and arrived mid-afternoon and was able to get two cases and some rum 4 elf still. It seems the last two years arriving anytime on Saturday works out, except you have to wait around a lot. I think he was there around 2 and gone by 6ish.

My brother went down last year and arrived mid-afternoon and was able to get two cases and some rum 4 elf still. It seems the last two years arriving anytime on Saturday works out, except you have to wait around a lot. I think he was there around 2 and gone by 6ish.
Cool. Thats the info I needed.
I figure I'd roll in noonish and be willing to hang out a bit.

So I've never gone before, but am considering doing so this year. A few questions:

1. Do people mostly go here for buying bottles, or for the "party"?
  2. Assuming I was mostly going to stick to beers on tap, and maybe only buy a nominal few bottles, what time would I want to get there?
  3. The food that they mention - is this supposed to be like the Bell's Eccentric events where they serve exotic meats and stuff?
  4. They mention the Beer Garten being open for "sharing brews" and then go on to mention "share homebrews." So is bottle sharing a big part of this? And can I share commercially produced beer, or only homebrew?
  5. Given the way they time things, I could see wanting to be able to come and go throughout the day. Is this allowed?

So I've never gone before, but am considering doing so this year. A few questions:

2. Assuming I was mostly going to stick to beers on tap, and maybe only buy a nominal few bottles, what time would I want to get there?
  3. The food that they mention - is this supposed to be like the Bell's Eccentric events where they serve exotic meats and stuff?
  4. They mention the Beer Garten being open for "sharing brews" and then go on to mention "share homebrews." So is bottle sharing a big part of this? And can I share commercially produced beer, or only homebrew?
  5. Given the way they time things, I could see wanting to be able to come and go throughout the day. Is this allowed?
They have largely separated the bottle release from the party because so many people do only one or the other. So yest to both for question 1.
Question 2 depends on what beers you want. If you only care about large bottle count items, just shownup to the party, place your order and get bottles at the party (though how they do this gets more efficient every year).
I'll skip to Question 4. The line is in the beer garden and snakes back into the property because their license doesn't allow this stuff to happen in the lot. This is relevant to the bottle sale Friday night, where most of the bottle sharing. happens. People aren't trying to go in and out to the bar and it's usually too colkd to keep staff out there. So bottle sharing is allowed. And while it gets more efficiently run every year, last year, my spouse did the line while I attended a wake and I just skipped bottles altogether and arrived to a toasty warm pizza in the pub. All things considered, it was A+.
Question 3. Yes. And yet I have never done Eccentric Day. Maybe because that is on a Friday? Love the spread at 4 elf. One year they served a bunch of bugs. Expect to try somethig you have never had before. One year someone brought meat bingo.
Question 5. They wrist band you, so yes.

trickytunadicky answered all of these, but there will be a plethora of exotic meats such as kangaroo and whale penis in a blanket.

Latest posts