NBO: 2018 MLB 13-Run Pool BIF

Help Support Talkbeer:

Also, when did I participate in this in the past (or did I not)? I have no recollection of playing/shipping a box to anyone... so if I owe something, wanna send it!

EDIT: Looks like second half of 2015. That would be why I don't remember, I guess? Hopefully I don't owe someone something from then, sheesh.

Time for the 2018 season!

Here are the rules:
  • Maximum of 30 players can join the pool
  • Preference given to those who have participated in this BIF previously
    • Those who have not participated in this before but would like to join must have a good past trading history and/or have participated in BIFs before.
    • Members with limited history must have a sponsor vouch for you.
    • If someone sees a member who has a sketchy history, has a lot of known obligations, please bring that to my attention. I call this the saugusbrewer problem - he owed stuff to a number of people, but no knew how much was owed.
  • Each member will randomly be assigned a team by the website, runyourpool.com
  • Each time your team plays, the number of runs they score will be tracked, regardless if they win the game or not
  • The goal is to be the first TB-er who's team scores every number from 0-13 runs
  • All participants (except the overall winner) will ship a minimum of 44 oz of beer within ~30 days of the pool ending (detailed timeline will be posted then).
  • New members: please send me a message with your name, email address, address, and phone number. Do NOT just post in the thread that you'd like to join, I need your info to send you the website info.
  • Returning members: I can reactivate you on the site. I'll probably start a group PM, to help track some of these alternative prizes.
The prizes!
  • Overall Winner: First team to score every number from 0-13 runs (19 boxes)
    If two teams finish on the same day, the winner is the team whose game finished first.
  • Last Place: As a consolation for having the least number of scores ticked, the player with the team in last place will receive a box from the player who is in second to last place. Last place still sends a box to the winner. If there's a tie when the pool ends, the team with the fewest runs scored (only counting the 0-13 scores) gets the box. (1 box)
  • New prizes this year!!! All of these "winners" still send a box. If one of these winners is also the overall winner, then their winnings are reduced by 1 box to account for the smaller prize pool.
    1. First team to allow 0-13 runs (3 boxes) I may need some help tracking this.
    2. Team with the most zero ticks at the end of the pool (3 boxes)
    3. Team with the most games of 14 or more runs (1 box)
    4. Last team to tick zero (1 box)
    5. Team that the winner was playing in the game they completed the 0-13 pool (1 box)
New members who would like to enter, please send me a message with your name, email address, address, and phone number. Do NOT just post in the thread that you'd like to join, I need your info to send you the website info.

Returning members, I'll activate you on the website again once you let me know you're in.

Once I have you confirmed, I will send you all of the necessary info to join this pool's group on runyourpool.com. Please make sure your user name is your TB name. After we have reached 30 participants and everyone has registered on the website, I will have it randomly generate teams for all of us.

Questions or if I've missed something, please let me know!

The 2017 threads are here and here.

I know a lot of us are BIF-ed out, but all you losers won't be shipping until June/July most likely, so there's plenty of time for you to get back in the spirit of shipping and not receiving ;) I'll also be on my honeymoon in early-mid June if this thing ends then, so I might shift the shipping window a bit (or ask for help getting shipping assignments out).
I'll join a long-term small shipping requirement BIF if there's room. PM incoming...

Hey, look, Figtasma! I think I still have two of those o_O Sorry about that bottle, Ungertaker
It was actually just opened in December. I only had a small pour, since I was unable to drink at that time. It was well-received at the share. Were there issues with it, in general?
Figtasma was fuckin awful. Just straight acetone. A friend and I drain poured it. By far the worst OEC beer that isn’t some insane hybrid of styles.
I love OEC as a brewery and as people but the fact that they released this beer annoyed me. Plus I love digs so I was extra disappointed. I have a few more bottles. Hoping they mellow out at some point but I don’t have much hope.

Figtasma was fuckin awful. Just straight acetone. A friend and I drain poured it. By far the worst OEC beer that isn’t some insane hybrid of styles.
I love OEC as a brewery and as people but the fact that they released this beer annoyed me. Plus I love digs so I was extra disappointed. I have a few more bottles. Hoping they mellow out at some point but I don’t have much hope.
Interesting. I don't remember that at all, but I am hyper insensitive to acetone (karma's way of balancing out my insane diacetyl sensitivity). But man, I do remember that stuff ripping the inside of my mouth apart with acid.

Latest posts