NBO: 2019 NCAA Tournament - Pick 5 Teams!

Help Support Talkbeer:

The top 6 all have Oregon, which basically negates whatever they do.

Drmoonman may be on top. but lambandtunaphish is in 2nd, has the same 3 teams that the Dr AND Florida St.
I sit in 3rd but only have Tennessee and UNC (besides irrelevant oregon) but so does landrewg who is 4th AND has MSU (boo) and FSU, which means i have to root against sparty (obviously no problem for me there) and for Gonzaga who I say have at least a 50-50 shot of going down in this round. pdurrrr and johnyb are both in it, as they are the only two to have Virginia (though i'm not so sure of how much of an asset they are at this point) and both have at least 1 team remaining that no one else in front of them has, Texas Tech and Michigan+Houston respectively. atoulouk might be able to vault into 2nd place if MSU, Kentucky and Texas Tech all go far, maybe needing teams like Duke and Auburn to fall this round. I think flexabull is buried behind too many people with the same teams to catch up. libbey in the same boat. to figure out TalkBeerJesus' odds of placing would take too much time and math but it will certainly be interesting considering he can very easily have all 4 final four teams and not overlap that much with other picks. and then there's ABSTRACTlegend. We can't fault him for being ambitious, I suppose.

that concludes my post round 2 wrap up. stay tuned for more of my incomplete and unnecessary ramblings fueled by boredom and procrastination.

The top 6 all have Oregon, which basically negates whatever they do.

Drmoonman may be on top. but lambandtunaphish is in 2nd, has the same 3 teams that the Dr AND Florida St.
I sit in 3rd but only have Tennessee and UNC (besides irrelevant oregon) but so does landrewg who is 4th AND has MSU (boo) and FSU, which means i have to root against sparty (obviously no problem for me there) and for Gonzaga who I say have at least a 50-50 shot of going down in this round. pdurrrr and johnyb are both in it, as they are the only two to have Virginia (though i'm not so sure of how much of an asset they are at this point) and both have at least 1 team remaining that no one else in front of them has, Texas Tech and Michigan+Houston respectively. atoulouk might be able to vault into 2nd place if MSU, Kentucky and Texas Tech all go far, maybe needing teams like Duke and Auburn to fall this round. I think flexabull is buried behind too many people with the same teams to catch up. libbey in the same boat. to figure out TalkBeerJesus' odds of placing would take too much time and math but it will certainly be interesting considering he can very easily have all 4 final four teams and not overlap that much with other picks. and then there's ABSTRACTlegend. We can't fault him for being ambitious, I suppose.

that concludes my post round 2 wrap up. stay tuned for more of my incomplete and unnecessary ramblings fueled by boredom and procrastination.

Just happy to be part of the conversation this year!

I'm hoping the Spartans get a shot at Duke.

How's about an update?
I'll take a stab at this. Only four entries are realistically left in contention or the top two spots.
ncaa 2019.png

• Drmoonman (84 points) and lambandtunaphish (80 points) only have Auburn left. We would finish in first and second with an Auburn national title.
  • pdurrrr (90 points) still has 3 teams left. If Virginia beats Auburn, he wins. If UVA loses, then the MSU/TT side of the bracket will matter. If either of these teams wins the National Championship, he will be the overall winner.
  • atoulouk can crack the top two, but needs an Auburn loss against UVA. Then, he would tie Drmoonman with 84 points if MSU wins the national title or pass him with a TT title run. With the tie, atoulouk would take second bc of the tiebreaker.
Tiebreaker will be whoever has the most games won between all their picks
what was the decision on the payout?
I'm partial to paying top 3... or at least 3rd place not shipping :p

Latest posts