Near St Augustine Recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtx00

Reaction score
Hey all,
I will be visiting family/vacationing near St. Augustine Beach this summer, June 15-20. I will be staying in Crescent Beach to be exact. We are flying into Jacksonville and will obviously have a car. What I am looking for is local recommendations for bars, bottle shops, and restaurants where I will be staying to hit up. Also would like to get some ideas if we happen to get rained out on where we should travel to visit some breweries. Distance is much of an issue here. If its going to rain all day while we are there I have no issue in getting in the car and driving down to say JWB and spending the day there. I will let you all know that I am FL beer novice. My main experience is with CCB. I have also only had a few FB, Cycle, JWB and AC beers. Interested to see what you come up with, and by all means if there is a brewery that is local, that would be great to. If anyone knows of any events that may be happening while we will be here let me know about them as well. Also any good recommendations for cans to grab for the beach.

Cheers,
Sam

Craft beer wasteland, sorry. Couple new ish breweries but don’t know much about them. Heard ancient city is good,

Dog rose is a new spot downtown in the old city area.

You might have some luck in Jax, a few breweries there like Aardwolf and stuff.

Highly doubt you wanna drive 5 hours one way to Wakefield however, but that’s an option if you have 12 hours to get burned.

Past that- I’ll advise just looking for a bottle shop like beer 30 or hit up the publix for some cans and enjoy the beach.

Head over to villano beach across from Fantasia island and you can drive on the beach and have the beer closer!

There's some awesome spots in the area. Saint Augustine is a lot "cooler" of a town than Jax. Go to the IcePlant bar for drinks/food. They have a great bourbon list and solid cocktails and the place is just extremely cool in general. While there sign up for the distillery tour (St. Augustine Distillery). Very fun tour and the drinks they make/sample are great.

Go to Stogies for a cigar/craft beer w/ solid music and cool environment. It's an old haunted house that's creepy as f. Go upstairs and sit on the couch while drinking your beer and see if your skin doesn't crawl. The outside area is great there. Hit up the winery while there and do the wine tour/tasting.

Lastly, Prohibition Kitchen is an awesome bar in the historic part of downtown. Go there late night when they have live music/entertainment. Good bourbon selection and decent/good beer selection. Really cool spot though. When we went they had a Cuban band with two aerial acrobats and a woman on stilts dancing with people. Saint Augustine is a blast.

Latest posts

Back