NEW ERA HATS...

Help Support Talkbeer:

Ebbets mystery bag arrived:

Wouldn't mind some help identifying the teams as the tags were blank and none of these are listed on the site any longer. Pretty sure the one on the right is Grand Rapids something or other.
I think you are right about the Grand Rapids hat, looks like it could be a fit for the Grand Rapids Baseball Club, which played minor league ball from around 1880-1950

had some fun sleuthing for the others but can't come up with anything useful

Let's see some pics when yours arrives, kevanb. Curious to see a cross section of what they send out with this mystery box.

Here is my cap haul from Ebbets. Unsure of what the far left cap is, but it's similar to an Umpire's cap they sold and with the very short brim, that's my best guess, but haven't nailed that one down yet. Middle is 1940 Joe Louis "Brown Bomber" and the right is 1959 Des Moines Demons, which I love, and is adjustable! The other two are a touch small, but the P fits better than the Brown Bomber. Love the hats and can't wait for the next round of mystery caps. Thanks for the tip furley

Here is my cap haul from Ebbets. Unsure of what the far left cap is, but it's similar to an Umpire's cap they sold and with the very short brim, that's my best guess, but haven't nailed that one down yet. Middle is 1940 Joe Louis "Brown Bomber" and the right is 1959 Des Moines Demons, which I love, and is adjustable! The other two are a touch small, but the P fits better than the Brown Bomber. Love the hats and can't wait for the next round of mystery caps. Thanks for the tip furley
I can't find any info on the diamond P hat but it's fuckin sick. I really like the short billed wool caps. They look slick backwards with long hair, anyways.

but it will make for a great cycling cap with that short brim
The wool makes my forehead itchy when I perspire even a little.

And what you said about sizes in the post before, yeah they are a bit wonky. I was a 7 3/8 for most of my life but noticed fitted hats were getting a bit snug on me. I read that Ebbets might run a touch snug so ordered 7 1/2 and I love how two of them fit. The other two are still a little tight.

Damn... I didn't know there was a New Era hat thread on TB!! I sometimes post on the neweracaptalk.com forum.

I have been collecting New Era hats since about 1986 back in the 100% wool days.

Mostly buy MLB "Made in the USA" poly now. Try and stay away from the china poly hats. Hate the NE flag on the side...lol..

Group Builder