New User from Old Talk Beer

Help Support Talkbeer:

Cool, cause that will fix anything. I don’t know what the end game is here dude. Do you guys honestly think the new owners will take heed of all the complaints and say “fuck it” and Gene comes back on a white horse to save the day? I mean, help me understand what bitching about things you have zero control over solves? Are you my wife? My kids?
Get over yourself. ;)
The bitching aint about you.

I guess I should also state that in a volunteer and, most of the board will agree, I’ve tried my damndest to keep the site alive and explain things that honestly, I should have to be the one to explain. It gets old dude.
Where in your unpaid job desc does it say you need to stimulate the site or keep it going? Moderate posts based on rules. Quit trying to be a martyr.

For the record I have no issue (besides martyrdom) with any mods from VT.

BadJustin

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Get over yourself. ;)
The bitching aint about you.

Where in your unpaid job desc does it say you need to stimulate the site or keep it going? Moderate posts based on rules. Quit trying to be a martyr.

For the record I have no issue (besides martyrdom) with any mods from VT.

Martyrdom? Do you see anyone else offering up explanations or trying to put out fires? That’s right you don’t. If I leave you get another one of them that most likely gives zero fuxx. Sorry for trying to hold it together. You guys do what you want, I’m fucking over it.

Don

Premium Supporter of Schrute Farms
Contributor
Martyrdom? Do you see anyone else offering up explanations or trying to put out fires? That’s right you don’t. If I leave you get another one of them that most likely gives zero fuxx. Sorry for trying to hold it together. You guys do what you want, I’m fucking over it.
you forget your weed this morning? damn man

BadJustin

Premium Supporter
Contributor
you forget your weed this morning? damn man

Just tiring brother, that’s all. I spend most of my time on TB reiterating shit I’ve said 100+ times. Just get frustrating. People want to start dumpster fire threads just to start shit? I’m fresh out of fucks to give. Let’s see how the Lord of the Flies method works.

Just tiring brother, that’s all. I spend most of my time on TB reiterating shit I’ve said 100+ times. Just get frustrating. People want to start dumpster fire threads just to start shit? I’m fresh out of fucks to give. Let’s see how the Lord of the Flies method works.

Pass the mods duties over, I’ll steer this ship. Probably right into the rocks but I’ll hit it full steam.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
I don't understand the point of these complaining threads/posts. Nothing ever stays the same forever. As Justin alluded to, complaining about new ownership or current culture isn't going to bring back Gene or recreate the utopic image of this place that some seem to have in their mind. If you still enjoy the site, keep using it. If you don't, don't. All the complaining hurts morale and makes the demise of the place a self-fulfilling prophecy for those of us that still enjoy it here.

BadJustin

Premium Supporter
Contributor
I don't understand the point of these complaining threads/posts. Nothing ever stays the same forever. As Justin alluded to, complaining about new ownership or current culture isn't going to bring back Gene or recreate the utopic image of this place that some seem to have in their mind. If you still enjoy the site, keep using it. If you don't, don't. All the complaining hurts morale and makes the demise of the place a self-fulfilling prophecy for those of us that still enjoy it here.

ILY

I don't think jvanaus was saying it should stay the same or that it was perfect, I think it was more why did the changes happen after the sale? Look at the ddt, no current running bif, the make a wish bifs are dead, and the only thread that moves is the worst thread on this site.

I think lots of things changed on this site after the sale for the worst. No communication from the new owners because they were treated like shit, of course they didn't really try to understand the group either.

I give BadJustin credit for trying and doing a decent job keeping the site intact.

I still like this site but don't post as much anymore. I also have met so many awesome people because of this site (including jvanaus ) that makes me want to believe it will be as fun again. The bullshit on this thread kind of proves his point though, we aren't a community as much anymore, now we are attacking people for their thoughts and opinions.

Latest posts