Nummy Nummy by Stubborn Beauty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KindofBlues711

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the latest batch of Nummy Nummy, released 8/22? I've heard that this is a solid beer, good ratings, so I got a growler of it and a growlette of Sour Tiddy. The first glass I poured of Nummy was super cloudy and looked like cider. The taste wasn't much better; hardly any hop flavor and was muddy-tasting. I thought maybe the beer hadn't been given time to settle after being transferred so I poured the rest of the growler into my carbonator bottle (3 liter with DIY carbonator cap) with some CO2 and let it sit a day. There was a ton of sediment on the bottom of the growler when I washed it out. The next afternoon I tried the beer again, no improvement. And still a lot of sediment on the bottom of the bottle. Unfortunately it was a dumper.

The Sour Tiddy was good, at least. But I can't believe I had to dump the growler! I was excited that I had a brewery so close to me, and with good ratings, and now I'm hesitant to go back. What have you all thought of their beers? What beers are worth going back to try?

I don't think it'd be alright to post this on Fb. I'm going to contact them directly and see what they say. Thanks for replying lambandtunaphish. Not sure if you can tell by this crappy cellphone pic but this is what the beer looked like on day 2...

SBNummyNummy2014-08-24.jpg

I don't think it'd be alright to post this on Fb. I'm going to contact them directly and see what they say. Thanks for replying lambandtunaphish. Not sure if you can tell by this crappy cellphone pic but this is what the beer looked like on day 2...

SBNummyNummy2014-08-24.jpg
It might have been something weirdly keg related. I once got a glass of Gandhi Bot that looked almost exactly like that. It was disconcerting to look at but it tasted totally fine. There's a chance you got a bunch of the sediment from the keg or some other sort of material that clouded the beer. Although based on my experience that shouldn't have messed with the taste.

On the other hand I can say that I wasn't particularly impressed with Nummy Nummy when I had it back when they opened. The only beer I've had from Stubborn Beauty that I really enjoyed was the How Rye I Am Saison.

Latest posts

Back