NYC Midtown Beer Suggestions?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShanePB

Reaction score
I'll be in Midtown for 3 nights on business next week, near the library between 6th & 5th Ave. I'm certainly looking for some suggestions for beer bars and definitely interested in grabbing some bottles to take back to PA. What are some must stops? I've been suggested so far:

• The Pony Bar (.8 mile walk)
  • The Ginger Man (.5 mile walk)
  • Rattle N Hum (.8 mile walk)
Doesn't seem too bad of a walk, but I suppose I could cab it if needed. Anything I'm missing? I'm not familiar with the NYC subway but if it's anything like the WMATA I should be fine. I guess with that option Torst could be a good fit if time permits.

Thanks!

I'll be in Midtown for 3 nights on business next week, near the library between 6th & 5th Ave. I'm certainly looking for some suggestions for beer bars and definitely interested in grabbing some bottles to take back to PA. What are some must stops? I've been suggested so far:

Doesn't seem too bad of a walk, but I suppose I could cab it if needed. Anything I'm missing? I'm not familiar with the NYC subway but if it's anything like the WMATA I should be fine. I guess with that option Torst could be a good fit if time permits.

Thanks!

Ginger is a fine option for your area, and yes Pony isn't a bad walk either.
Take the 6 uptown from 42nd/Lex to 59th and hit up the Jeffrey. Another very solid beer bar in Manhattan.
Take the F downtown from 42nd/6th to the 2nd Ave stop and you can hit up Whole Foods Bowery/New Beer/Top Hops.

Also can hit Stags Head and BXL East (if you want Belgian stuff) a little farther uptown at East 51st between 2nd and 3rd.

Thanks!

Take the "1" train from 34th Street(corner of 7th Avenue) downtown to Christopher Street Station(about 4 stops)and then walk a couple of blocks to the Blind Tiger which is on Bleecker Street about 1 short block east of 7th Avenue.

Take the "1" train from 34th Street(corner of 7th Avenue) downtown to Christopher Street Station(about 4 stops)and then walk a couple of blocks to the Blind Tiger which is on Bleecker Street about 1 short block east of 7th Avenue.

Just realized that you are staying by the library, so you would go to 42nd Street(corner of 7th Avenue)to take the "1" train downtrain.

Back