NYC Zwanze 2018 Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padraig

Reaction score
We had one of these last year so thought it might be worth having another. Weather forecast is currently for clouds but no rain, 67F/19C.

I'm planning on heading to Spuyten early. What's everyone else doing?

Monks is so cramped. I've had work the last two years, but a Philly area lambic guy I know has been going to Spuyten claiming the experience is much better fwiw

I've been to Spuyten the last 5 years or so now, minus last yr (did Slow Boat Tavern in Seattle), but was considering Alewife this time for the space consideration. But will probably head back to Spuyten just for tradition sake. Gonna try and power through, as I'll be coming straight off a 12-hr night shift the night before. But lambic.

I'm pretty much 100% set on going to Alewife. More space + more taps + kitchen = win. Plus, once I've had my fill of lambic I can stumble over to Fifth Hammer for their anniversary party.

I'm pretty much 100% set on going to Alewife. More space + more taps + kitchen = win. Plus, once I've had my fill of lambic I can stumble over to Fifth Hammer for their anniversary party.
Any info on what's on tap at Alewife that day?I can't find any info on their bizarre website

Looking forward to EPIC SCENES in Spuyten's backyard.

(assuming it's not still overrun with hairy caterpillars).

LC4vHrc.png

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Plan on being at Alewife by 10 for the start of the bottle share.
Bill, message me about this. I think I'm very interested in joining

See you guys at Alewife bright and early on Saturday! Trying to downsize the "cellar" so I'll have a cooler full of goodies.

TBD but at least 6

Jeez.

Weird to admit on TB, but I've never been to a "bottle share" much less one at Alewife. How have these worked in the past? They just open up the bar and allow you to bring your own drinks in? Are people talking about drinking on line or something?

Jeez.

Weird to admit on TB, but I've never been to a "bottle share" much less one at Alewife. How have these worked in the past? They just open up the bar and allow you to bring your own drinks in? Are people talking about drinking on line or something?

In the past at Fool's Gold the bar was operating as normal and then people were also just opening bottles they brought at their tables. Wondering if they'll try and limit that this year to the 10-12 advertised bottle share window, but in the past the bar's been busy enough as it is that the bottlesharing just helped keep the bar from getting totally overwhelmed.

In the past at Fool's Gold the bar was operating as normal and then people were also just opening bottles they brought at their tables. Wondering if they'll try and limit that this year to the 10-12 advertised bottle share window, but in the past the bar's been busy enough as it is that the bottlesharing just helped keep the bar from getting totally overwhelmed.
I did my best to procure some Natty Rush+ variants for the event but I failed. I’m settling and bringing some lambic instead.

Looking forward to brainstorming priority flavor variants to be tested. Oh and drinking beer too I guess.

See everyone tomorrow! I’ll be the guy in the red Budweiser t-shirt and the beard.

I did my best to procure some Natty Rush+ variants for the event but I failed. I’m settling and bringing some lambic instead.

Looking forward to brainstorming priority flavor variants to be tested. Oh and drinking beer too I guess.

See everyone tomorrow! I’ll be the guy in the red Budweiser t-shirt and the beard.
Scratch the beard, just cut it off, will still be in a Budweiser tee. See you homies tomorrow!

Back