Oddwood Ales

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holldy01

Reaction score
Looking for information about Oddwood. I got a bottle of their saison in a trade a while back and it was super solid. Just bright and tart. However, when looking into Oddwood I found very little. Their website is a bit sparse and it seems like they have the same address as Adelbert's Brewery but with little information linking the two I cant tell if it is a Bissell/Foundation/Allagash set up or they are the same brewery with two different names. Does Oddwood see distribution? How large are their bottling runs? What does it trade for? How do I get more in my belly? Any and all information regarding Oddwood appreciated.

Somewhat like a Perennial/Side Project setup. Adelbert's head brewer doing barrel-aged stuff in the same facility, under a different brewery name, but basically the same business. That said, they just got their own facility and I'm not sure if the brewer is still doing Adelbert's stuff.

They haven't released a beer in a while, but their next one comes out Feb 1. They've only released 2 batches of their saison and I believe they were mostly smaller runs (on the order of a few hundred cases?) that saw distro throughout Austin.

Oddwood is great. Very underrated in the Austin area.
For something so good Im surprised it seems to be flying so far under the radar.

http://spirits.blog.austin360.com/2...beer-readies-for-barrel-house-in-east-austin/
Article about Oddwood becoming Oddwood Barrel House.

Located at Airport/Manor... smack center in the hipster center of the universe.
The unwashed hipsters should add a nice earthy terroir. But Im excited to see they are expanding. Cant wait to try more of their stuff.

For something so good Im surprised it seems to be flying so far under the radar.

The unwashed hipsters should add a nice earthy terroir. But Im excited to see they are expanding. Cant wait to try more of their stuff.
Their 2 bottle releases have been pretty small! We kept it for ourselves!

Their 2 bottle releases have been pretty small! We kept it for ourselves!
Well it somehow made its way up to dallas and then took a little trip to PA where it got introduced to my stomach. So hopefully a bottle or two will continue to feel adventurous and take a trip up north. They can feel safe with me knowing once a texan, always a texan.

Had a bottle of taming the savage heart. Had the saison batch 2 from last last spring/summer. Enjoyed both. Have a saison at home but not sure. Assume latest batch. Both bottles had adelburts corks but on the saison no other mention to adelburts while taming had printed brewed and bottled at adelburts. So is their new facility still owned by adelburts?

I've liked both the Saison and Taming the Savage Heart. Very solid beers.

Its intriguing to me that I haven't had a single of the Adelburts beers that I liked but the Oddwoods bottles have been great.

Had a bottle of taming the savage heart. Had the saison batch 2 from last last spring/summer. Enjoyed both. Have a saison at home but not sure. Assume latest batch. Both bottles had adelburts corks but on the saison no other mention to adelburts while taming had printed brewed and bottled at adelburts. So is their new facility still owned by adelburts?
So Im just unobservant. Checked the bottle of Saison I have at home. Its b2 and has brewed and bottled at Adelburts as well. So I just must have missed that on my first bottle of theirs I had.

Back