US - Great Lakes Official Afterthought Brewing Company Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Quick add-on to my previous post: I shared these with all my local crew (took boss pours for photos and then poured out of my glass) and everyone was very impressed. One of my buddies said these are some of the best new beers he's tried in months. So it's not just me being a big fan, the reception was strong across the board.

...I plan to stock up on Afterthought bottles next time I'm in Chicago (so, November). Fabulous beers that I'm excited to try more of in the future...
...I don't say this lightly either. It would be convenient if I didn't need to drive a thousand miles to pick up Afterthought, but that's just the reality of the situation.

Sorry; it's become obligatory at this point.

Anyone stopping by the cellar on Friday? Excited to try some of the beers I missed (blackberry). Thorpe will there be any glassware available?
Thanks! I’m looking forward to it. No glassware unless they still have some of the tasters from the launch. We still have glasses on our website but we are running low on those so I’m going to have to order something else soon as the last time I checked egrandstand didn’t have the Durobor Charente in stock.

Drank through all the recently released beers. All really damn good. Gin/Dandelion still my fav, probably followed by Rhubarb and vermouth, then Sauvignon and Lilac.

Still consistently better then most wilds out there. The thing I enjoy about the Afterthought beers are that they kinda blend the line between a traditional saison (dry, herbal) and an American wild (tart, acidic, fruit driven). It’s tart, fruity, and acidic but not so much that a glass is a chore to drink, plus there’s nice herbal, floral characteristic to them as well. And the different fruits, spices, additives are always done in a nice, subtle way that compliments the base beers.

Been a while since I posted here so I thought I'd let everyone who's interested know that Saison Avec: Spruce is now at The Beer Cellar. Other recent drops include Saison Meer: Autumn (hey, it's still technically autumn), Saison Amer: Ekuanot, and Saison Avec: Meyer Lemon.

Also dropped off kegs today that should be on tap soon. The first is Brno, which is a new table-style saison with all Czech Saaz. Second is Bière de Pieces #8, which is a blend of Saison Meer: Pineapple Sage and barrel-aged Faible. The former will be out in bottles soon and the latter will also be part of the next Blended Barrel release.

Drank through all the recently released beers. All really damn good. Gin/Dandelion still my fav, probably followed by Rhubarb and vermouth, then Sauvignon and Lilac.

Still consistently better then most wilds out there. The thing I enjoy about the Afterthought beers are that they kinda blend the line between a traditional saison (dry, herbal) and an American wild (tart, acidic, fruit driven). It’s tart, fruity, and acidic but not so much that a glass is a chore to drink, plus there’s nice herbal, floral characteristic to them as well. And the different fruits, spices, additives are always done in a nice, subtle way that compliments the base beers.
Having only had a few, this description nails it. I'm pretty pumped to try the gin/dandelion and will bring it to an upcoming gin BA beers share and report back how it holds up :)

Latest posts