Quantcast

Official Cat Pix Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Josh

Premium Non-Supporting Supporter
Staff member

The pussy version of Hatfield and McCoy.
That's Sam, who passed away last year at the ripe age of 14. He was the best cat ever. Part Siamese and part Maine coon. Weighed in around 18 pounds, mean as hell, and wouldn't back down from any animal. I would seriously give up my lab if I found another cat that was identical to him.

The pussy version of Hatfield and McCoy.
That's Sam, who passed away last year at the ripe age of 14. He was the best cat ever. Part Siamese and part Maine coon. Weighed in around 18 pounds, mean as hell, and wouldn't back down from any animal. I would seriously give up my lab if I found another cat that was identical to him.

Oh man, I could just see that tail going back and forth like a snake waiting to strike in that picture. My cat, Ichabod (on top of the chair), I'm pretty sure is part Lilac-Point Siamese part (possibly) Maine Coon but something defintely bigger/longer haired. He's super derpy though and scared of evernthing. Love him to death though. He talks like a Siamese, that's for sure. Do you have any other pictures of him from the front? I bet he looked awesome.

My guys are about to turn 6 and 2.

Josh

Staff member
Oh man, I could just see that tail going back and forth like a snake waiting to strike in that picture. My cat, Ichabod (on top of the chair), I'm pretty sure is part Lilac-Point Siamese part (possibly) Maine Coon but something defintely bigger/longer haired. He's super derpy though and scared of evernthing. Love him to death though. He talks like a Siamese, that's for sure. Do you have any other pictures of him from the front? I bet he looked awesome.

My guys are about to turn 6 and 2.

Wife corrected me. He was a snowshoe Siamese.

This is him and some stray that showed up on our door as a straggly near death kitten. Took the kitten under his wing and taught her the ways of being a cat. She's forgotten though. She got put outside and started to look homeless.

Wife corrected me. He was a snowshoe Siamese.

This is him and some stray that showed up on our door as a straggly near death kitten. Took the kitten under his wing and taught her the ways of being a cat. She's forgotten though. She got put outside and started to look homeless.
I'm such a sap when it comes to cats. Sadly we had to get both of ours declawed in the front because of the places we were living, but they've still got their back claws. I never let them outside on their own for that reason. I feel bad, but I'd also hate if I let them out and they never came back (claws or not). I do take them out on leashes for walks though... is that weird?

Josh

Staff member
I'm such a sap when it comes to cats. Sadly we had to get both of ours declawed in the front because of the places we were living, but they've still got their back claws. I never let them outside on their own for that reason. I feel bad, but I'd also hate if I let them out and they never came back (claws or not). I do take them out on leashes for walks though... is that weird?
What's weird is you being able to put a leash and harness on your cat and keep it from going crazy on you. Sam wouldn't even let us put a collar on him.

Declawing cats suck, but sometimes it's a necessary evil. If I had to choose between getting rid of a cat I loved and ther claws, I'd choose the claws in a heartbeat.

I not only put mine on leashes to let them go outside, but built a zipline in the yard so they can have more freedom while still not being able to run away.

[QUOTE="SeaWatchman, post: 260661, member: 754"]I do take them out on leashes for walks though... is that weird?[/QUOTE]
My wife does the same thing with our male cat...he looks super awkward and just walks really low like he's crawling. I think it's a little odd but oh well...so am I.

[QUOTE="SeaWatchman, post: 260661, member: 754"]I do take them out on leashes for walks though... is that weird?
My wife does the same thing with our male cat...he looks super awkward and just walks really low like he's crawling. I think it's a little odd but oh well...so am I.[/QUOTE]

Mine actually comes like a dog when you start to shake the leash. It's hilarious. He gives zero fucks about being on a harness and being outside

Latest posts