Official Cat Pix Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Rory catching some morning sunshine.

Couldn't get a good picture of Ghost, he wouldn't stop moving and wouldn't look at me. He's in his cone of shame because he gets separation anxiety and stress licked a wound into his side when we were in California. He hadn't done that in a long time.

Max

This thread is for users to post nice/cute/funny/entertaining pictures of your cats. Any chance we can get back to that? I no longer have any cats and have no idea when we'll be able to get another one due to international living arrangements.

This whole site is obviously dwindling significantly, and I like all of you cat-pics posters and wish to see more. Mae, Fleab, Ginny, Marty, Rory, et al. pictures, please.
don’t forget Murphy and Kepler. they don’t appear much, as most of pictures in my phone have been of a small child recently.

Murphy loves my feet. well, any feet really. I think she’s a small dog in disguise.

speaking of small dogs, here she is squeezing into a spot she really has no business squeezing into. as long as she’s happy

Kepler finally using the cat stairs. they both completely ignore them most of the time.

Last edited:

dan

75D98E55-120E-4414-94F8-EB0F7D2C98A6.jpeg
It’s a little dark but Finnegan clearly enjoys his new box.

Also, can anyone recommend some decent cat food? We have been feeding him Weruva but it’s more water than food sometimes. We used to use Whole Earth Farms but the price just kept going up and up on Amazon.

tosh

Premium Supporter
Contributor
more water than food sometimes.
Finding this is actually how our’s prefer wet food. I have giving up buying anything that is not mainly liquid when you open it up.

Max

so since we've moved into a tiny side bar here... I realize this is a 'cat pix' thread and not a 'cat advice' thread. but I have a question: one of my girls is periodically taking a dump outside the litter box. we've ruled out anything medical and litter rejection. behaviorally, it doesn't coincide with us going on vacation or anything. it's not in the same spot every time and the other cat is certainly not bullying her. I've changed food a couple times and she seems to be fine with it. I feed them dry food in the morning and some wet food at night.

the interwebz has been less than helpful. not sure what my next step is. looking for suggestions.

dan

Finding this is actually how our’s prefer wet food. I have giving up buying anything that is not mainly liquid when you open it up.
That being the case, if you want to try a different food, go for Weruva!
so since we've moved into a tiny side bar here... I realize this is a 'cat pix' thread and not a 'cat advice' thread. but I have a question: one of my girls is periodically taking a dump outside the litter box. we've ruled out anything medical and litter rejection. behaviorally, it doesn't coincide with us going on vacation or anything. it's not in the same spot every time and the other cat is certainly not bullying her. I've changed food a couple times and she seems to be fine with it. I feed them dry food in the morning and some wet food at night.

the interwebz has been less than helpful. not sure what my next step is. looking for suggestions.
How many litter boxes do you have for the cats? Isn't the usual guidance to get one for each cat (plus an extra)? How often do you clean it out? Our one cat decided to start pooping outside the box a while back - we just replaced the box with a new one (same kind, literally just a new one) and that seemed to work for whatever reason. We also preemptively laid out some puppy pads around the litter box on top of cleaning it out twice a day.

dan has the right answer. I had a cat that did this. He seemed to be stingy about the cleanliness of the litter box. Didn't like dumping in one if there was more than another dump in there already. Getting another litter box helped tremendously.

Agree with the litter box discussion. We did, however, have a cat with this issue that we couldn't correct via litter box changes.

We determined that he was bored when we weren't home, so we got him a food puzzle (http://foodpuzzlesforcats.com/rolling-puzzles) based upon the suggestion of someone we knew. The one we got was a ball with hard food in it that had to be rolled around on the floor to dispense a piece.

We were shocked when he didn't shit on the floor again for over five years.

Max

dan currently only two.. I know the guideline is usually number of cats+1 boxes, but I don't have a spot for another one the first floor. my wife will NOT allow one upstairs bc it's carpeted. it's cleaned twice/day; once when I get up and once around dinner time. so roughly every 12 hours during the week. I do *not* forget. I have to walk past them to get out the door, lol. both boxes are only ~4 months old. so they're basically brand new. we have laid puppy pads out but she seems to prefer dropping off in a different room.

the difficult part will be trying to convince my wife 1. we need one more and 2. that we can actually find a place for one.

View attachment 7769
It’s a little dark but Finnegan clearly enjoys his new box.

Also, can anyone recommend some decent cat food? We have been feeding him Weruva but it’s more water than food sometimes. We used to use Whole Earth Farms but the price just kept going up and up on Amazon.
Trying to find some new wet food myself. I have my cats on Fussie Cat salmon/chicken dry food for their breakfast and that's worked out well. I used to give them Weruva Cats in the Kitchen for dinner, but Eames would sometimes reject it here and there. I then gave them Wellness Salmon Slices because that was one of the few wet foods that Eames would consistently eat, but now I'm trying out some different foods as that doesn't seem to be rated well. I currently have them on Freshpet Chicken & Ocean Whitefish, which is rated well, but Eames seems to be hating on it as of late. Thinking about trying this one:

dan

i0izuLgeSmSxLqW7AaMcwg.jpg Working from home means I get to spend more time with this guy - even if he mostly sleeps (when he's not trying to sit on my keyboard). I want to pet him or scratch his chin but he would probably rather remain sleeping!

And Lupulin the 3rd , we picked up some cans from I And Love And You (terrible name). Finnegan seems to like them. I find them a little more substantial than the Weruva. We looked at Tiki Cat, too, but the sheer variety made it very difficult to compare prices.

Group Builder