Quantcast

Official Fruit Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Nice!

If you want some locally, that picture was from Metropolitan Market in Lower Queen Anne last night. Best fruit in the city by far.
We've been going to the University District farmers market every Saturday for the last ten years now, I'd argue their selection is probably better than the Met. ;) We've also got strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and huckleberries growing in our garden, but not nearly enough to eat on a regular basis.

There's just something fun about going to Yakima and picking massive monster blackberries on thornless plants.

Anyone happen to know what variety of apples these are?
A tree that we thought was dying and not going to produce anything decided to rain apples down and now we aren't sure which type they are.
Pretty sure those are gala.

Anyone happen to know what variety of apples these are?
A tree that we thought was dying and not going to produce anything decided to rain apples down and now we aren't sure which type they are.
To me those look like Cortland. What do they look like inside? Very white? Crisp? Sweet/ tart?

Not overly sweet, but also not overly tart. It's a good balance of both. They do a have a crisp in the bite.
Still seems like a Cortland to me, but I can't say I've heard of them coming from your part of the country. It's also possible it's just its own thing. If you plant a seed from a Cortland, its not going to grow a Cortland tree unless it was pollinated from a Cortland.

tosh

Premium Supporter
Contributor
Still seems like a Cortland to me, but I can't say I've heard of them coming from your part of the country. It's also possible it's just its own thing. If you plant a seed from a Cortland, its not going to grow a Cortland tree unless it was pollinated from a Cortland.
This^ didn't we learn anything from Johnny Appleseed?

Those are some massive peaches. Isn't stone fruit season during the summer though? That's what I always thought at least.

Had some cotton candy grapes last week. Usually not a green grape fan, but I dug them.
Different everywhere but our stone fruit season runs pretty late. These are the pick them and drive them to the store immediately variety so definitely some of the last of the season.

called a couple pick-your-own places on saturday looking to see what they had available

first place, some old coot answered the phone and started yelling at me about how they weren't a pick your own place blah blah. no idea. i hung up on him. he's probably still yelling. update your website, facebook page and check the reviews, gramps.

second one said "we're all picked out". of everything? apparently.

maybe it was the tone of my voice

blackberries from the grocery store were outstanding anyways

Target is selling 2 for $6 - 6oz Driscoll's Blackberries

or $5 for one 12oz container

:blink:

Latest posts