Quantcast

Official Fruit Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

non-fruit, but produce related question...how do you guys store potatoes? The way they're priced basically forces you to buy a 5 lb bag, but I only end up using 4-5 of them before they start turning to mush and growing eyes.

Trades_Potatoes
Basement in a box works for me. Dry and cool.
And dark, don't forget dark. That's very important. I keep them in a lower cabinet, they store quite well.

We got some new varieties of grapes in recently. Flavor Pop and Gumdrop grapes are both excellent.
Just picked up some Gumdrops on a whim after seeing they came from the Grapery. My assessment, based on the fact that I just absentmindedly shoveled about a half-pound of them down my gullet, is that they are very good.

My cousin gave me a call a couple of days to ask if I could use any tart / sour cherries for homebrewing, and while I didn't have an immediate use for them, I hooked him up with imperialking who can use them in meadmaking.

Anyone know what varietal these are? They look like Montmorency, but looking for some confirmation.
Yep. My father in law picks a bunch of those every summer in Nebraska for pies. They're Montmorency.

Blueberry season is in full force out here in the Willamette Valley. Picked about 10 lbs. of organic Duke & Reka varieties on Saturday. Many more pounds will be picked before the season's done.

Then my local grocery was having a plum extravaganza yesterday. Picked up like 4 different varieties.

This is a Red Raven. Holy shit! So sweet & juicy. Probably the best plum I've ever had. I need to go buy a bunch more ASAP.

Latest posts