Official tasting pictures thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Three man share tonight was a great success. The hanssens was bottled in 2000 and tasted fantastic. Not as sour as fresh hanssens and aged incredibly well - musky but not nearly as sour as fresh hanssens geuze. Lambiekstoemper was an absolute hit, easily one of my favorite boon bottlings to date. The 3F was 2014 and 2013. 2013 had an odd rubber like palate at first but opened up well. Overall 2014 had the edge - funky, tart but not acidic and well aged. Very balanced and held up well - only a hair behind 2014 OGV. Kriek Girardin 2017 was fruit forward and delicious, a bit of a midpoint between cantillln Kriek and 3F Kriek. The Sante was delicious: unknown batch Bernice and batch 4 Cellarman. Cellarman had lost its cracker like flavor palate and developed into an overripe Apple profile. Bernice was a treat as always.

Overall a great share.

Great “final” whale type tasting w the usual suspects. Centered around the LH12 we all chipped in on to buy at the Brews fundraiser a year ago and took this long to put together.

Beers in order above:
Pinot d’aunis 2010
Riesling
99 3f kriek
Bourgogne
93 cognac lambic
07 50N
12 BVDL
B1 IWAAD
B1 Assassin
OG Persica
Oloroso
B2 SR71
Lambic d’aunis latest batch
Reine des pres
Wijngaard
Mornin Delight- unwaxed bottle of upcoming release from next weekend. Thanks Clark
Magic lambic
BA Abraxas

Thoughts:
LH12 was ok but cognac lambic and 07 50N so much more going on

Bourgogne such a great beer

99 kriek was amazingly balanced and fruity without being overly sour

B1 Persica is the best peach lambic I had ever had and is still amazing. Up there w brl as my fav wild ales

SR71 is straight thick fudge that has the mouthfeel of syrup. Was so good but would not be able to solo a bottle without going into a diabetic coma.

New batch MD very good Maple nose and taste

BA Abraxas too much cinnamon

Olorosso is as good as advertised. Man he blends well.

Magic lambic is such an easy drinking beer. Want more.

As always the beers are great but secondary. it’s the company that is the most important. Had a great time spending time with these gentlemen. Does not happen often enough with our busy lives.

jmgrub

real Gs move in silence like lasagna
No entries in this thread in over a month?

Little 2-man share at the beach yesterday. All were good, but K13 Rye, Ghost in the Machine and Mint Condition stood out (the latter being the best mint stout I've ever had).

Beach shares are also the best. Jump in the water to sober up whenever you feel you need to.

Last edited:
No entries in this thread in over a month?

Little 2-man share at the beach yesterday. All were good, but K13 Rye, Ghost in the Machine and Mint Condition stood out (the latter being the best mint stout I've ever had).

Beach shares are also the best. Jump in the water to sober up whenever you feel you need to.
I just had Mint Condition at a share on Sunday, and I agree, it was ridiculous- I only had a Midwest Share Pour, but not sure I could do more than 4-6oz anyway. GREAT for sharing though.

Latest posts