US - Mid-Atlantic Official Westchester County, NY Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

Has/will the Hudson Valley Harvest Apricot be hitting stores? I'll be up at DeCicco's Armonk next Tuesday, but am only staying for a day, so won't be around when Captain Lawrence is open.

It will be hitting stores but not by tomorrow. Still likely a few weeks out. And it's really good.
Appreciate the info! My plans have changed slightly, so I may be able to hit Captain Lawrence on my way back from Tree House on Thursday evening. Is the Apricot likely to still be available at CL at that time?

Thanks. Last question. I still have a couple of those poker chips that CL used to give you to exchange for beers. Any idea if they still honor those? I asked Speedwayjim, and he just kind of laughed, but didn't know haha.

what do they take now instead of poker chips...also, didn't Capt Lawrence go down the shitter? Almost everyone I know who tries anything they have released within the past year complains that thereally are problems.

what do they take now instead of poker chips...also, didn't Capt Lawrence go down the shitter? Almost everyone I know who tries anything they have released within the past year complains that thereally are problems.
They still take the poker chips, sold at the entrance, $5 for 5.
Had a bottle of Golden Delicious yesterday which was good. Really haven't drank much of the newer offerings from CL.

The IPL was SHOCKINGLY decent.

Care to be specific?
I don't know, I see it from every brewery now that every 4pk is $16. That just seems crazy to me. I don't know if the canning company is that expensive, but it shocks me that these breweries can get away with that. You're asking for bar prices p/can. Maybe it's just the old-crotchety me, but $4 p/can is just a lot. I don't see why any 4pk is over $12. or the 6pk 16oz should be $16. It's just a little ridiculous to me.

Ok, I'll go back to my corner.

I don't know, I see it from every brewery now that every 4pk is $16. That just seems crazy to me. I don't know if the canning company is that expensive, but it shocks me that these breweries can get away with that. You're asking for bar prices p/can. Maybe it's just the old-crotchety me, but $4 p/can is just a lot. I don't see why any 4pk is over $12. or the 6pk 16oz should be $16. It's just a little ridiculous to me.

Ok, I'll go back to my corner.
I get that your first post was complaining about cans being expensive. I'm still unsure what breweries you're talking about and how they pertain to the Westchester County Thread.

I guess it was more a generic post of frustration. I think RD is around $13-15 on theirs, but I feel like every brewery that starts to can (I'm more predominately in NJ) automatically jumps for that price. They're both still great beers, just find the trend a little tiring.

That being said, SO excited for NB Checkpoint Charlie at $50 a case..

Never meant to derail the thread, just observing.

Latest posts