Official Westchester County, NY Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ming

Reaction score
Thought is was about time we had a place to list all the craft happenings in and around Westchester. Bottle shares, tap takeovers, beer fests, etc...
Krebsy, naterobsnyk4, Moyman. I think I saw that Knifestyles is from Westchester. We can even let guys like cosmicevan and GuisseppeFranco contribute since we've shared some great beer together in WC. I'm sure I've missed some guys but everyone's welcome.

Cheers

don't you guys already have THIS ONE...(anything north of the bronx)

sheesh, now you wanted to be considered as your own thing. next we'll be seeing a lower hudson valley and hudson valley and then the southern tier. won't somebody please think of the children?
1000w.jpeg

don't you guys already have THIS ONE...(anything north of the bronx)

sheesh, now you wanted to be considered as your own thing. next we'll be seeing a lower hudson valley and hudson valley and then the southern tier. won't somebody please think of the children?
1000w.jpeg
That one is for stuff 4,5, and 6 hours north of me!! All u City/Strong Island people think Westchester is Upstate. Not gonna stand for it anymore!!!

Although it is kinda a hike from where u are. Haha!!

That one is for stuff 4,5, and 6 hours north of me!! All u City/Strong Island people think Westchester is Upstate. Not gonna stand for it anymore!!!

Although it is kinda a hike from where u are. Haha!!

dat ball and chain though

Damn good BBQ spot for sure, with a nice draft list.
Yup great spot. U gotta make it over to Westchester for one of our bottle shares. BTW, Avery beer dinner next Tues night at Eddie's Roadhouse in Warwick if you're around. We'll be up there.

Yup great spot. U gotta make it over to Westchester for one of our bottle shares. BTW, Avery beer dinner next Tues night at Eddie's Roadhouse in Warwick if you're around. We'll be up there.
You guys do the one at Craftsman, right? I've been invited many times from Joe (while he was still at Ardsley), but never got around to get to one. I'll be sure to make it up there one time.

You guys do the one at Craftsman, right? I've been invited many times from Joe (while he was still at Ardsley), but never got around to get to one. I'll be sure to make it up there one time.
Yeah I'll give u the heads up on the next one.

I hope this becomes active. Got 2 months without the wife and kids coming up and 12+ bottles of De Garde I'm sure people might be interested in helping me dispose of.

Also live 5 minutes from Craftsman if that is a thing.

I hope this becomes active. Got 2 months without the wife and kids coming up and 12+ bottles of De Garde I'm sure people might be interested in helping me dispose of.

Also live 5 minutes from Craftsman if that is a thing.
Awesome man! Yeah most of our shares are done at Craftsman. I'll keep u updated on the next one. Also, I haven't tried any De Garde yet but am dying to. I'm in White Plains so I'm always around.

call me maybe definitely

Will make sure its planned some time between June 9 and August 5 since I am familyless during that time.

Unfortunately The Archer and Imperial Boysenberry Bu are history. But plenty more good ones including the Lily remain.

Seeing CraftmanAleHouse checkins on untappd and jealous. Got held up at work. Please keep this thread uipdated on the next one!

damn wish I saw this thread. I'm right up the road, definitely down for the next one. What got slain?

so what was opened? lets see some pics and hear some stories
I really didn't take any pics but other guys that were there took some and maybe they add them to the thread.
Some thoughts:
Atrial is as great as everyone says.
Psuedo Sue was awesome.
HF Double Citra was great.
Triple Sunshine was the bomb.
ANTEAD Vanilla was great. And I actually think the Coffee and Choc are better. LOVE those beers.
First time having De Garde- Krebsy brought LOAK. Have to say, smelled like puke strained through a dirty diaper. Taste wasn't terrible though. Mixed reviews from the crowd. But for me Not a good first impression of De Garde. I'm sure their other beers are a lot better.
And a bunch of other good and so so beers.
Overall no whales but but a bunch of good stuff and a good time.

I really didn't take any pics but other guys that were there took some and maybe they add them to the thread.
Some thoughts:
Atrial is as great as everyone says.
Psuedo Sue was awesome.
HF Double Citra was great.
Triple Sunshine was the bomb.
ANTEAD Vanilla was great. And I actually think the Coffee and Choc are better. LOVE those beers.
First time having De Garde- Krebsy brought LOAK. Have to say, smelled like puke strained through a dirty diaper. Taste wasn't terrible though. Mixed reviews from the crowd. But for me Not a good first impression of De Garde. I'm sure their other beers are a lot better.
And a bunch of other good and so so beers.
Overall no whales but but a bunch of good stuff and a good time.
Yeah the Loak was a love/hate with everyone. I liked it but seeing what De Garde trades for these days it makes it tough for me to pull the trigger in the future. We also tried a couple of the Wicked Weed offerings which I thought were quite tasty. Unique Brett funk sort of similar to Jolly Pumpkin with out the burnt rubber tire flavor lol. 2012 BC Coffee was tasty. Bruery Wanderer was nice. For me the stand out beer was the Atrial Rubicide. It was awesome. Jammy Raspberry flavor with just the right tartness. Not to sweet like some of the NG stuff can be and not overly tart or acidic like upland can be. Booya

For me the stand out beer was the Atrial Rubicide. It was awesome. Jammy Raspberry flavor with just the right tartness. Not to sweet like some of the NG stuff can be and not overly tart or acidic like upland can be. Booya

Yup Atrial is my favorite for those exact reasons. Don't like the overly sweet and prefer things to not be overly sour.

Anyone seen any Golden Blend around Westchester lately? Usual spots are all out, need to replenish my stock!

Bottle share this coming Monday (Labor Day) at the Craftsman Ale House in Harrison at 6pm for those interested. Sorry for the late notice but just kinda got set up.

DeCicco's Armonk also has Golden Blend on the shelf. $24:99.
I must have missed this when I was there at beginning of August :( Would love to grab a bottle when I'm up for Sour'd in September (have not had it since it was released a few years back), here's to hoping it lasts until next Friday! Any idea how many bottles are left?

I must have missed this when I was there at beginning of August :( Would love to grab a bottle when I'm up for Sour'd in September (have not had it since it was released a few years back), here's to hoping it lasts until next Friday! Any idea how many bottles are left?
Looked like 4-5 on the shelf. Not sure if they have more in the back room or not. And they were upstairs in the bottle room. Didn't check the downstairs cooler.

they don't really fly off the shelf. There should definitely be some left next week, if not DeCiccos Harrison has about 3 or 4 bottles left too.

they don't really fly off the shelf. There should definitely be some left next week, if not DeCiccos Harrison has about 3 or 4 bottles left too.

Looked like 4-5 on the shelf. Not sure if they have more in the back room or not. And they were upstairs in the bottle room. Didn't check the downstairs cooler.
Thanks guys! The fiancee was rushing me last time so must have missed it when going through the massive selection.

Thanks guys! The fiancee was rushing me last time so must have missed it when going through the massive selection.

If you are here for Sour'd, Decicco's Armonk has a Bruery tap takeover the night before. Get your golden blend and drink melange 8.

If you are here for Sour'd, Decicco's Armonk has a Bruery tap takeover the night before. Get your golden blend and drink melange 8.
Already planning on hitting that up! I'll be there with my cousin around 5 or so. Really excited! Hoping they still have CCB Cucumber Saison bottles as well, as I have a number of buddies down here looking for it.

They would get Zhukov and BA big sound in a week before I get there. Mother%*#*¥%!

Already planning on hitting that up! I'll be there with my cousin around 5 or so. Really excited! Hoping they still have CCB Cucumber Saison bottles as well, as I have a number of buddies down here looking for it.

They would get Zhukov and BA big sound in a week before I get there. Mother%*#*¥%!
As of late last week all three of these bottles were available at the Pelham DeCicco's. But the BA Big Sound was something like $35. If you'd like, I can snag em for you if I swing by. BM me if you're interested.

Back