Oklahoma help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sacrelicio

Reaction score
Driving through Oklahoma. Need help with:

1. Best bottle shops
  2. Where I can find the widest selection of Prairie. Bomb variants and Noir variants would be awesome, but I still need to try a few other Prairie beers so a large selection is good
  3. Where I can find Redbud Cuvee
Not trying to clear shelves for trade bait or anything, just want to grab a few things on this last day of our crazy road trip.

Thanks!

Soooooo.... Oklahoma?

I'll be there in a couple of weeks. Going to Prairie. Anything else I should hit up in OKC or Tulsa? I know pretty much nothing about either city so feel free to fill me in.

I met the owner of BierGarten Wine & Spirits in Jenks, OK at Jester King years ago. Really cool dude. Followed them on Twitter. They seem to get loads of Prairie (amongst other things)

The guy who owned BierGarten sold it and now owns a brokerage company (Craft & Barrel). The new owners have kept the same vibe, going - it's a cool place. I frequent PV's Liquor which is on the south side of Tulsa. Collins Midtown has a good selection, too.

Prairie Brewpub and American Solera are the places to hit in Tulsa, though (and the best spots in the state IMO). American Solera always has a bunch of good stuff on tap and on-site plus a bunch of bottles to go (there's five different ones currently) - it's my favorite spot and I spend way too much time/money there. But it's the only place (for the most part) to try any AS stuff. Roosevelt's in Tulsa is great if you want to try a bunch of Oklahoma stuff on tap (R Bar is also another good local spot). TapWerks in OKC is awesome, too. My favorite breweries in OKC are Roughtail and Elk Valley.

Soooooo.... Oklahoma?

I'll be there in a couple of weeks. Going to Prairie. Anything else I should hit up in OKC or Tulsa? I know pretty much nothing about either city so feel free to fill me in.
Oh, and depending on when you're in town, Prairie's production facility (which is in Krebs, about 90 mins south of Tulsa) is releasing BA Xmas Bomb & Sherry Barrel Noir on Dec 3rd (which I will once again miss out on due to previously scheduled stuff. Goddamnit)

Oh, and depending on when you're in town, Prairie's production facility (which is in Krebs, about 90 mins south of Tulsa) is releasing BA Xmas Bomb & Sherry Barrel Noir on Dec 3rd (which I will once again miss out on due to previously scheduled stuff. Goddamnit)

We are landing in OKC at about 4pm so we will just miss it. Planning to go to the brewpub in Tulsa though. I would love to get my hand on those two.

How's their brewpub? Can we buy bottles there?

We are landing in OKC at about 4pm so we will just miss it. Planning to go to the brewpub in Tulsa though. I would love to get my hand on those two.

How's their brewpub? Can we buy bottles there?
Can't buy bottles at the brewpub. Their on-site bottles list has dwindled a lot, too (used to have BA Bomb, AB Noir, etc on site), but there's still some good stuff to be had and their taplist is usually pretty decent:
https://www.taphunter.com/location/prairie-brewpub/5417881136529408#tab_tap

The food is awesome, though.

Back