Oktoberfest 2016

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wino1

Reaction score
Anyone going this year?

Shooting to meet up my sister and her husband September 29 - October 2, then swing over to Brussels for a the following week.

Any insider tips? This will be our first time. First round is on me for any fellow TBers!

Had been talking with some buddies about possibly goingthis year. Been once back in 2012. If you want to drink at night try to reserve a tent spot now. Though possibly fully booked already. Otherwise you have you find a non reserve spot and stay there basically ALL day

My basic advice is don't go...

But if you are subjecting yourself to that Lux has some good advice.:)

Also you should be careful on offering rounds, they'll run you about $15/beer.

I'll be there the 26th and/or 27th before heading into the hills. Flying back out of Munich later in the week so might stop by for a couple depending on schedule.

We had a blast going to Oktoberfest for (parts of) 2 days. My wife and I went on the 2nd Monday and Tuesday (9/26-27 this year) and didn't have any reservations at all. We hit 2 different tents each day and had no problems finding spots at a table at each tent (both before or after 5pm). Met a lot of great people, all of whom were locals, or at least German. Liters were 10.xx Euros each, so about $6/pint. Expensive for Germany/Europe, but no more than I am used to paying in Chicago.

I'm in no rush to go back, as I have a ton of other places on my list, but would definitely attend again. And I wouldn't worry about reservations as long as you aren't part of a big group. Though, I was told by many people that attendance has been down each of the last 2 years with the terrorism that has been taking place in Europe. Security seemed pretty strong without being overbearing entering the Wiesn.

I would definitely recommend going on a weekday. The energy was high without it being a total ********.

PREZEL NECKLACE!!
eecd3f3e55a62067569855a9e7265624.jpg

Back