Ordinem Ecentrici Coctores

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kpaxprime

Reaction score
OEC, love 'em, hate 'em? Obsessed or unaware? High time we discuss this Oxford, CT operation, IMO. Full disclosure, I'm a complete homer with no affiliation beyond an unremitting desire to try everything they put out. Some of it has tickled my internal ticker something fierce, and I love the space and staff.

What's your favorite OEC brew? Which one did you not understand at all? Pop one recently that melted your face? Let's share stories, it's gonna be Festivus soon and that xyauyu panetone is coming back hopefully, maybe with the cask too?!

Had this the other night and thought it was delicious:

Uww7BNs.jpg

Restrained acidity, nice bready malt notes, a touch of minerality, soft mouthfeel. Wish I would have gotten more than 2... It was a real sleeper and I didnt hear much about it.

This was juicy fruit nectar. A big improvement over the draft pour I had the day of the release (could have been that my palate was destroyed at that point):

YG6POwt.jpg

It's a great spot, every time I've been it's been gorgeous out on the deck and not too crowded. Great relaxing place to enjoy some cool beers.

I loved the aeris singularis 1. Have they done any beers lately aged in gin barrels? I've also had the gosatequin 2 which saw gin barrel.

Had this the other night and thought it was delicious:

*BIG ASS FLORESCO GRISETTE PIC - SEE ABOVE*

Restrained acidity, nice bready malt notes, a touch of minerality, soft mouthfeel. Wish I would have gotten more than 2... It was a real sleeper and I didnt hear much about it.

Damn, that looks good! Time to update the ISO list.

This is phenomenal stuff... and thanks again for the beautiful glass! Kpaxprime
ICK6f2V.jpg

I've had quite a few of their beers now, and I think the Experimentalis with gooseberries was my favorite the Peach was a close second. Everything is great honestly with the exception of Urwaga Maledetta from the last release....just had a watery finish and it was pretty bland IMO. I didn't make it to the last release unfortunately but I definitely wanna try the tequila one....I'm very intrigued by everything they do and cant wait to go back!

This is phenomenal stuff... and thanks again for the beautiful glass! Kpaxprime
ICK6f2V.jpg

I've had quite a few of their beers now, and I think the Experimentalis with gooseberries was my favorite the Peach was a close second. Everything is great honestly with the exception of Urwaga Maledetta from the last release....just had a watery finish and it was pretty bland IMO. I didn't make it to the last release unfortunately but I definitely wanna try the tequila one....I'm very intrigued by everything they do and cant wait to go back!

Glad you're enjoying the glass dude! FWIW I loved the Urwaga Maldetta, it was my favorite pour of that release, but I still haven't popped a bottle, so maybe a difference between draft and bottles. Gonna have to check in.

Festivus is shaping up to be special, and may very well be the last festival they do there, so I'm really looking forward to the 10th. Two new beers releasing too, and they are dope

Glad you're enjoying the glass dude! FWIW I loved the Urwaga Maldetta, it was my favorite pour of that release, but I still haven't popped a bottle, so maybe a difference between draft and bottles. Gonna have to check in.

Festivus is shaping up to be special, and may very well be the last festival they do there, so I'm really looking forward to the 10th. Two new beers releasing too, and they are dope
Just checked their facebook page....all those vintage bottles available for sale hollllllllllllllllllllllly ****. I love that they call it festivus too...i wish i could make it but i'm gonna be in the city then. Any idea why it might be their last festival? I hope that's not the case..

Love the outside the box styles/barrels/etc OEC experiments with. Always a real treat to try OEC stuff, been wanting to stop by and check out the space for quite a while now

Back