Oxbow - Goods From The Woods Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Reaction score
5zFvY1W.jpg

"October 25th, 2014
Noon to 5pm
RAIN or SHINE

GFTW is our annual autumn backwoods beer bazaar! This year there are only 500 tickets available, and the event will sell out. Please buy your tickets now at eventbrite.com

Here are the details: $20 gets you into the event with your own commemorative GFTW glass. Beer sampling tickets will be available for purchase. Our friends from Small Axe food truck, Hella Good Tacos, Harvest Moon Pizza, Otter Cove Oysters, Bread & Butter Catering, and Standard Gastropub will be selling food wares all day (please bring cash for food). Just like years past, choice beers will be flowing, the beats will be spinning, and the artists will be painting.

We will be releasing 1000 bottles of our 2014 batch of Arboreal at the event. Each 500 ml bottle is $17, 2 bottle limit.

Parking: please park along Holstein Lane across from the famous “Cowshit Corner” sign (Please see map below). We’ll have signs along the road, and be running shuttles to the brewery from the parking area. PLEASE, NO STREET PARKING ALONG RT.215!

This event is 21 years of age or older, and please no dogs. Thanks!

We are psyched to see you!"

http://www.oxbowbeer.com/Oxbow_Beer/GFTW.html

So who's going?

Was psyched to buy tickets for this - then noticed no dogs allowed. Bummer. Don't want to leave the pup cooped up in a Portland hotel room all day.

Posted this in Iso/ft too, but anyone coming up who has access to Anderson Valley Gose and would want to swap IP at the event $4$ with fresh Bissell Bros shoot me a PM.

Posted this in Iso/ft too, but anyone coming up who has access to Anderson Valley Gose and would want to swap IP at the event $4$ with fresh Bissell Bros shoot me a PM.

I'm not sure if there is any more around near me but it's usually plentiful. It's supposed to go year round with a blood orange variant too. I'll gopickitupforyoubro anytime. Just let me know.

That was super fun. I think I tried every beer there I hadn't had before except Oxtoplasm which kicked before I could get to it. So much awesome. I was super impressed by Leon (funny, as I don't love Noel) and Brett Cowboy especially. And the Swords.

I feel like Oxbow is slept on/they don't communicate what they have and when, so people aren't talking about it?

The last time I tried to hit their tasting room in Portland, there was no notification that anything out of the ordinary was going on, so when I got there, apparently they were closed for a holiday party/private event. Bummer for sure.

I feel like Oxbow is slept on/they don't communicate what they have and when, so people aren't talking about it?

Yes and yes. Normally the bottle releases are publicized somewhat on social media, but you have to be paying attention or you could miss it.

I wish they would just post a picture of the draft/growler chalkboard to instagram once in while or something, a la SARA style...the Blending & Bottling IG account goes virtually unused.

Shrugface.jpg

Back