Paging Westchester, NY area TB members

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do any of you have a hookup at a place not too far from Captain Lawrence that would allow us to host a decent sized bottle share?

cc: Knifestyles Moyman lopejuice
If all else fails, campground bottle share?

What's the worst that could happen with a sizable number of people imbibing heavily around a fire...?

If all else fails, campground bottle share?

What's the worst that could happen with a sizable number of people imbibing heavily around a fire...?

know a good campground? we have enough saison to put out a fire...

know a good campground?

Not sure how local it is to everyone, but I camp fairly regular at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. It's a really nice place. 4000 some odd acres with miles and miles of trails (but that's beside the point)...

The only issue is that there's a 2 car/8 person maximum for each site (there are shelter sites and tent sites) which makes it difficult for large groups. If you have a Westchester Park Pass, it's like $35/$20 respectively (or something like that). A little more if you don't.

Both sites have a grill, a fire pit and picnic tables.

It's about 30 minutes from CL.

Croton Point Park has campsites and is just a little further away......but I've never been there.

how about any bar or indoor location that might let us have a bottle share?

Craftsman generally seems to be amiable to tastings. Not sure if that's an exclusive club sort of deal or anything like that, though.

hmm.... wonder if anyone has a hookup there

how about a restaurant with a private room? I think if it isn't booked, they might be ok with it if your ordering food (which after the fest, I am sure people will be looking to eat)

There's also a park in sleepy hollow/Philips manor called kingsland that is about 5 minutes from CL. I'm not sure what their rules are on drinking but I could swing by and ask later. Only issue I could see is that it closes at dusk so wouldn't work for a post fest share

yeah, I think post fest is the only thing that makes sense

hmm.... wonder if anyone has a hookup there
I can always rent the community room in my co-op development, not super fancy, but it'll fit a ton of people and get the job done. There's a fridge, tables, chairs, and we can get food in. It's located about 15 minutes from Captain Lawrence in Ossining at the High Meadows Co-Op (near the Dominos on route 9 or the Arcadian Shop)

I can always rent the community room in my co-op development, not super fancy, but it'll fit a ton of people and get the job done. There's a fridge, tables, chairs, and we can get food in. It's located about 15 minutes from Captain Lawrence in Ossining at the High Meadows Co-Op (near the Dominos on route 9 or the Arcadian Shop)

I may have something already worked out... but just in case, could you find out what this would cost us and how many people we could fit?

there are about 50 folding chairs and 7-8 tables. Could probably fit a few more people. The cost is $50 to rent the space.

But you can't beat 15 minutes from Captain Lawrence. And there's a Metro North train 15 mins walking for those NYC people.

I think this may be the way to go over a restaurant/public place... don't think we need that many people

can you verify that it's available?

the date is available. I could hold it if you like. Additionally, people can show up early and leave their beer in the fridge or anything they want.

markgugs we're not sure we can get enough people to commit post fest to make it worth it...

total.. but just the organization of it all...
I mean, how hard can it be to create a Google doc and post it in this thread for folks to post what they can bring/what they'd like to try? lol

Moyman seems like he can get the room with ease, we can take cabs there, etc. We only need/want 8-10 people tops anyway, otherwise it's no longer a share, it's a pig feeding frenzy and everyone gets to lick .5oz of shared beer :p

well the idea was to open it up to any TB members...

markgugs we're not sure we can get enough people to commit post fest to make it worth it...

well the idea was to open it up to any TB members...
Os, you realize I'm not trying to be difficult here, but hopefully you can see the contradiction in these 2 sentences?

I think I know what you're saying...but why just give up on having one? lol

If the more the merrier is the goal, cool, I'm down with that too. If I had any time to create a Google doc (first teaching myself how to), I would, and we could just post it in this thread, then it's open to any TB'ers, yes?

Os, you realize I'm not trying to be difficult here, but hopefully you can see the contradiction in these 2 sentences?

I think I know what you're saying...but why just give up on having one? lol

If the more the merrier is the goal, cool, I'm down with that too. If I had any time to create a Google doc (first teaching myself how to), I would, and we could just post it in this thread, then it's open to any TB'ers, yes?

I see the contradiction but look at the reasoning... we were interested in setting up something for a large group of TB'ers... if possible, then great.. if not, then not sure we will be organizing one...

basically, there's better timing for a bottle share if it's just going to be 8 people.. that can easily be accomplished any given weekend in any region of the country...

so doing it right after a beer fest makes little sense... UNLESS, you are looking to do a large one and take advantage of people from out of town already being in one general are...

believe me, there's reasoning behind my statements and not quite the contradiction...

now, if we have enough responses here where it would make sense to organize it after a beer fest as opposed to having a small share in NJ on a different day.. then sure, I'll help put this all together... but if I don't get enough commitments to this, then I'd rather skip it and do something in NJ in the near future... (which we have to do regardless)

I see the contradiction but look at the reasoning... we were interested in setting up something for a large group of TB'ers... if possible, then great.. if not, then not sure we will be organizing one...

basically, there's better timing for a bottle share if it's just going to be 8 people.. that can easily be accomplished any given weekend in any region of the country...

so doing it right after a beer fest makes little sense... UNLESS, you are looking to do a large one and take advantage of people from out of town already being in one general are...

believe me, there's reasoning behind my statements and not quite the contradiction...

now, if we have enough responses here where it would make sense to organize it after a beer fest as opposed to having a small share in NJ on a different day.. then sure, I'll help put this all together... but if I don't get enough commitments to this, then I'd rather skip it and do something in NJ in the near future... (which we have to do regardless)
alright, makes sense when you elaborate it that way

You guys should just come up and have a bottle share next week when I can actually make it. Problem solved.

I felt that way about writing in English, when they'd make us do outlines and rough drafts. When I was in high school, for essays on English midterms/finals, some of the point value came from the outline and rough draft. I used to write the final draft first, and then just do an outline/rough draft afterwards for the points.

I could fit 3, maybe 4 people in my car. Then you can walk your ass to the train. Alternatively, you can meet me at the community room prior to the event and we can carpool.

I have a regular pass, 2-4:30

Back