US - Northwest Pelican Pub & Brewery offers The Pelican Beer Club (with shipping!)

Help Support Talkbeer:

Other than MoaS does anyone seek out any of their beers? Doesn't seem like this is a deal that people will really jump on. I got a StormWatcher via trade just so I can SbS with MoaS, but never sought out anything else from Pelican.

Depending on the success of their membership club and the MOAS events, there may be no public offering:

http://beerpulse.com/2013/09/pelican-brewery-launches-membership-club-no-mother-of-all-storms-public-bottles-in-13-1515/
Response I received from the email in that article:

Thank you for providing your information for the 2013 Mother of All Storms waiting list.
This is an auto response. Please do not reply to this message.
The fine print:
Sending this email does not, in any way, guarantee you any Mother of All Storms. The only way to be guaranteed you receive any 2013 Mother of All Storms is to become a member of the Pelican Beer Club at a level which includes Mother of All Storms, or be at Mother's Day at the Pelican Pub & Brewery on December 7.
IF we have remaining inventory after Mother's Day, we will begin contacting people on the email waitlist in the order added beginning sometime in December. At that time, we will confirm your order and collect payment.
We will release information at a later date should this opportunity become available.
Cheers!

They are really selling the notion that there's probably going to be little to no MOAS available after the memberships and the events that weekend.

Pretty sure they're overestimating the premium people are willing to pay to be guaranteed bottles of the only beer they put out that most people have actually had.

If the top tier level included moar moas I'd be tempted to round up a few friends to split a membership.

This is ridiculous.
They've sent dozens of cases out to distro the last couple years because they had more supply than demand even through shipping orders. Hell, it's still on a few shelves in state from last year. PLUS they are growing the size of the release each year.
This just reaks of a money grab, trying to convince people they must purchase a larger package to get the few bottles they want. Poor form.
You dont need to sign up if you aren't interested in the rest of the package. I'd be stunned if everyone tryingto order a case tha emailed wasn't given the chance.
Ridiculous.

Road paved by The Bruery, bros.
Eh. You're probably right.
Except that you're being held hostage for a shelf beer by even shelfier beer in this case.
Fuck it. Good for them if they can find a few suckers.

This is as distasteful as their failed $100k kickstarter attempt. If you are so bad at business that you can't secure normal financing after 20 years, why the hell should we pay for your business? I thought that's what the $6.50 pints were for...

Latest posts