Perrin Brewing Company

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 305963

Reaction score
Since Perrin Brewing is going to release their first distributed bottles next week, wanted to start up a thread for all things Perrin. Their most recent bottling (Dr. Lacto - a flemish red) was a solid attempt. Hoping these next bottles are the bees knees.

From their FB page......

"Winter Wonderland, this should warm you up! Tuesday, November 25... 22 oz bottle release of our Killing Craft Series Russian Imperial Stout and Barley Wine at 11am in our Taproom! Both are aged in Van Winkle Family Reserve Barrels! No limit... $15.99 per bottle is the Taproom price. Suggested Retail in stores is $16.99 per bottle."

Since Perrin Brewing is going to release their first distributed bottles next week, wanted to start up a thread for all things Perrin. Their most recent bottling (Dr. Lacto - a flemish red) was a solid attempt. Hoping these next bottles are the bees knees.

From their FB page......

"Winter Wonderland, this should warm you up! Tuesday, November 25... 22 oz bottle release of our Killing Craft Series Russian Imperial Stout and Barley Wine at 11am in our Taproom! Both are aged in Van Winkle Family Reserve Barrels! No limit... $15.99 per bottle is the Taproom price. Suggested Retail in stores is $16.99 per bottle."

:eek:

I'm glad I know you, they sound awesome!

What will the disto be like for these? Specifically, will these make it to the east side of the state? I'm doubtful, but thought I'd ask.

If it's not going to make it over here, I'd be happy to pick up a KRE next Saturday (11/29) to exchange at some point for these 2 Perrin beers.

What will the disto be like for these? Specifically, will these make it to the east side of the state? I'm doubtful, but thought I'd ask.

If it's not going to make it over here, I'd be happy to pick up a KRE next Saturday (11/29) to exchange at some point for these 2 Perrin beers.
Not exactly sure on the footprint, but when I find out, I'll post an update.

Believe they said on FB that most is heading into distro and they made 10k of each, so there should be enough to go around.

Over here in GR, West Side is the distributor. Not sure about Lansing.

Right on. Westside is probably the distributor here as well. Though I don't want to pay more than I should so I'll probably trek to Perrin. Thanks man.

Perrin just posted on FB that both of these beers are on tap today. Good chance to try them before committing to bottles. I'll likely head there tomorrow, for science.

Perrin just posted on FB that both of these beers are on tap today. Good chance to try them before committing to bottles. I'll likely head there tomorrow, for science.
Would like to hear how they are. I've enjoyed most of Perrin's barrel aged offerings in the past.

Kill 'Em All | With Kindness

10404457_748668994951_2586894714802701536_n.jpg

Echoing some of the other comments I've heard throughout the day, the stout is on point. I could live in the nose of this stuff. Rich caramel and vanilla with a roasty aftertaste. Really good body too, not as thick as BCBS though. Black Note is a good comparison.

I expected the barleywine to be darker, but it's pretty good too. Smooth and creamy with good carb. Bit of a hop bite at the end that'll fade out with age. Again, those delicious bourbon caramels and vanillas coming through. Excellent stuff, but I give the nod to the stout.

These things are going to age beautifully, I suspect. A bit hot now, but not overbearingly boozy by any means. Really opens up as it gets warm/as I drink more of them.

Kill 'Em All | With Kindness

10404457_748668994951_2586894714802701536_n.jpg

Echoing some of the other comments I've heard throughout the day, the stout is on point. I could live in the nose of this stuff. Rich caramel and vanilla with a roasty aftertaste. Really good body too, not as thick as BCBS though. Black Note is a good comparison.

I expected the barleywine to be darker, but it's pretty good too. Smooth and creamy with good carb. Bit of a hop bite at the end that'll fade out with age. Again, those delicious bourbon caramels and vanillas coming through. Excellent stuff, but I give the nod to the stout.

These things are going to age beautifully, I suspect. A bit hot now, but not overbearingly boozy by any means. Really opens up as it gets warm/as I drink more of them.
Legit

From Perrin's Brewers Blog...... http://www.perrinbrewing.com/pbc-brewers-blog/

Dear Roeselare,

… We know our sours beers are good but it may be too early to start writing love letters about them, well at least wait until Friday when Roeselare is released! Roeselare is a Flemish Amber Ale that uses a mixed blend of Flemish Red and Roeselare yeast strains which have multiple types of wild yeast: lactobacillus and pediococcus and it is named for the Roeselare region in Belgium where these wild ales originated. It has been aged for over 1 1/2 years in neutral barrels which makes it a complex sour. We are excited for the release as it has already gotten high esteem (links will be shared when articles are released). Roeselare will be available in 12 oz. bottles.

We have a Belgian Brown sour being aged in Cooper barrels with a large addition of Michigan’s King Orchards’ Montmorency cherries. This is another exciting part of our growing sour series! Hope you enjoy! Cheers!

Any of u guys tried this no rules stuff? Haven't heard a lot of talk. Sounds amazing but their last BA beers were flops.

From Perrin's FB page....

"We are officially releasing No Rules Vietnamese Porter in the Perrin Pub this Friday! It will be available on draft and in 12oz. bottles to-go, so tell your boss there are no rules on Friday and you have to leave early!"

"No Rules will be available at 11am - Friday, July 31st in the Perrin Pub for $7.49++ per 12oz. bottle with NO LIMIT per customer!! See you Friday"

From Perrin's FB page....

"We are officially releasing No Rules Vietnamese Porter in the Perrin Pub this Friday! It will be available on draft and in 12oz. bottles to-go, so tell your boss there are no rules on Friday and you have to leave early!"

"No Rules will be available at 11am - Friday, July 31st in the Perrin Pub for $7.49++ per 12oz. bottle with NO LIMIT per customer!! See you Friday"

It better be really ****ing good for that price.

I have not personally tried it, but friends of mine have and will be there at 11 to get some. "Best beer they've ever made" "Blows Malted Milk Ball away" We shall see.

All the ppl i know and trust who have had it said its great and was the best beer at summer beer fest. Really it's only a 15$ bomber and we spend that frequently or at least I have ? I'm excited to try it. I loved MMB.

Seconding that. Was an unreal beer, had it second on Saturday. Ridiculous mouthfeel. ISO very much. Can give mouth hugs or cash but have very little of value to trade.

No Rules 22oz bombers hitting all over GR today, $14. 4pks of Lil' Griz as well

Sooo what's been going on at Perrin lately? I haven't been in a while and am curious if things are still going OK?

Canning, lots. Hot Box brown aka kona coffee brown is great! To me...
Getting Perrin up in our neck of the woods as of this week. Had Hot Box yesterday, loved it. Comparable to Coffee Bender which makes me semi hard.
Also tried No Problems and thought that was fantastic from the can.
Very excited about being able to get Perrin up here and the direction of the brewery.
Also, our distro says No Rules will be back come April or May.

Had a Grapefruit IPA can yesterday too... Shh, not being released until April 4. It was a grapefruit bomb. Little thin in body, but summer crushable for sure.
Had Pellicle for the first time today. Thought it was a really solid beer. Nice Brett notes, not overly sour. Good stuff.

Getting Perrin up in our neck of the woods as of this week. Had Hot Box yesterday, loved it. Comparable to Coffee Bender which makes me semi hard.
Also tried No Problems and thought that was fantastic from the can.
Very excited about being able to get Perrin up here and the direction of the brewery.
Also, our distro says No Rules will be back come April or May.

Taproom release on 3/26, hitting distro (at least in GR) on 3/28.

NO RULES Release Boondoggle
NO RULES Vietnamese Porter is back! The special release date is March 26 at 11am at Perrin Brewing Company. First come, first serve.

22oz. bottles will be available for purchase $16.99 + tax and deposit

Back