• Fat (g) 0
  • Saturated Fat (g) 0
  • Cholesterol (mg) 0
  • Carbohydrates (g) 5
  • Dietary Fiber (g) 1
  • Total Sugars (g) 17
  • Protein (g) 1
  • Sodium (mg) 20

• Combine vodka, canned peaches with their syrup, and dried peaches in a 2-qt. jar (save vodka bottle to store finished product, if desired). Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 1 day and up to 1 week. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into reserved bottle or a jar; discard solids.
  • DO AHEAD: Moonshine can be made 1 month ahead. Cover and chill.

Grilled Peach, Chicken, Bacon, Goat Cheese Quesadillas

Ingredients:
2 fresh peaches (riper the better)
jalapeno peppers
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
~6 oz goat cheese (throw it in the freezer for a little to harden it up, or buy the pre-crumbled stuff, you pussy)
4 oz. bacon
tortillas

On grill/grill pan--grill the peaches and jalapeno. dice the jalapeno, slice the peaches. set them aside.

Cook bacon--if you cook it in the oven, you're definitely a pussy. chop up bacon, set aside.

Dice chicken, toss with chili powder, cayenne, salt, pepper, whatever. you know how to season shit. cook it in the bacon grease if you know what's good for you. Cook until it's done. set aside.

Preheat pan for quesadillas. Assemble quesadillas: peaches, then chicken, then peppers, then bacon, then goat cheese. cook until tortilla isn't floppy. cut into 6 slices. crush.

GRILLED PEACHES WITH CINNAMON RUM GLAZE

Method:
direct grilling
Serves 4

• 4 large ripe freestone peaches
  • 8 cinnamon sticks
  • 8 fresh mint leaves
  • 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted buttter
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark rum
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • a pinch of salt
1. Cut the peaches in half, running the knife in a circular motion around the peach to the stone. Twist the halves in opposite directions to separate them. Pop out the stone with a spoon and discard. Cut each peach half in half. Using a pointed chopstick or metal skewer, make a starter hole in the center of each peach quarter (from outside to pit side). Skewer two peach quarters on each cinnamon stick, placing a mint leaf between each.
2. Prepare the glaze. Combine the butter, sugar, rum, cinnamon, and salt in a saucepan and boil until thick and syrupy, 5 minutes.

3. Set up your grill for direct grilling and preheat to high. Brush and oil the grill grate.

4. Grill the peaches until nicely browned on both sides, 3 to 4 minutes per side, basting with the bourbon butter. Serve at once. Peach or vanilla ice cream makes a great accompaniment.

You should make this because it's complicated and that would mean that you're as good as you claim to be ;)

White Peach Sorbet with Graham Puree & Milk Crumbs
Serves 4

1 recipe Graham Ganache
1 recipe White Peach Sorbet
1/2 recipe Milk Crumb

Graham Ganache
makes ~1/3 cup

1/2 recipe Graham Crust
85g milk
2g kosher salt

Graham Crust190g graham cracker crumbs
20g milk powder
25g sugar
3g kosher salt
55g butter, melted
55g heavy cream

1. Toss the graham crumbs, milk powder, sugar, and salt with your hands in a medium bowl to evenly distribute your dry ingredients.
2. Whisk the butter and heavy cream together. Add to the dry ingredients and toss again to evenly distribute. The butter will act as a glue, adhering to the dry ingredients and turning the mixture into a bunch of small clusters. The mixture should hold its shape if squeezed tightly in the palm of your hand. If it is not moist enough to do so, melt an additional 14-25g butter and mix in.

Store in airtight container. Will keep 1 week at room temp or 1 month in fridge/freezer.

Combine the (1/2 batch) graham crust, milk and salt in blender and puree on medium speed until smooth and homogeneous - it will take 1-3 minutes (depending on the awesomeness of your blender). If the mixture does not catch on your blender blade, turn it off, take a small teaspoon, and scrape down the sides of the canister, remember to scrape under the blade, then try again. Use the ganache right away, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.

White Peach Sorbet
400g ripe white peaches (about 5)
-
1 gelatin sheet
-
100g glucose
2g kosher salt
.5g citric acid

1. Cut the peaches in half and pit them. Plop them into a blender and puree until smooth and homogenous, 1 to 3 minutes. Pass the puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Use a ladle or spoon to press on the dregs of the puree to extract as much juice as possible; you should only be discarding a few spoonfuls worth of solids.
2. Bloom the gelatin.
3. Warm a little bit of the peach puree and whisk in the gelatin to dissolve. Whisk in the remaining peach puree, the glucose, salt, and citric acid until everything is fully dissolved and incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. The sorbet is best spun just before serving or using, but it will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.

Milk Crumb
40g milk powder
40g flour
12g cornstarch
25g sugar
2g kosher salt
55g butter, melted
-
20g milk powder
-
90g white chocolate, melted

1. Heat the oven to 250*F
2. Combine the 40g milk powder, the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Toss with your hands to mix. Add the melted butter and toss, using a spatula, until the mixture starts to come together and form small clusters.

3. Spread the clusters on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes. The crumbs should be sandy at that point, and your kitchen should smell like buttery heaven. Cool the crumbs completely.
4. Crumble any milk crumb clusters that are larger than 1/2 inch in diameter and put the crumbs in a medium bowl. Add the 20g milk powder and toss together until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Pour the white chocolate over the crumbs and toss until your clusters and enrobed. Then continue tossing them every 5 minutes until the white chocolate hardens and the clusters are no longer sticky. The crumbs will keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.

Use the back of a spoon to schmear a quarter of the graham ganache each of the 4 bowls. Make quenelles or scoops of sorbet and set 1 in the center of each schmeared bowl. Sprinkle the milk crumbs over and around the sorbet. Serve at once.

Do it.

Start your grill and go inside and make this:
Grilled Peach Old Fashioned
2 ripe yellow peaches
2 tablespoons sugar
6 sprigs thyme, plus more for garnish
4 dashes of bitters
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
6 ounces bourbon

Quarter peaches and grill until charred. Muddle sugar, thyme, bitters, and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add bourbon, and divide among 4 ice-filled glasses. Garnish with peach section and thyme sprigs....drink up!

Then make this BBQ Sauce for your chicken:
1 pound peaches, pitted and diced
1 cup water, plus more if needed
2/3 cup bourbon
3 cups of your favorite housemade BBQ sauce

Bring peaches and 1/2 cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until peaches are breaking down, 15 to 20 minutes. (If peaches get too dry, add more water, 2 tablespoons at a time, to prevent peaches from sticking and burning.)

Remove from heat, and add bourbon. Return to medium heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add barbecue sauce, and simmer for 5 more minutes.

Puree mixture in a blender. With blender running, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup water. Blend until mixture is smooth.

Grill chicken to appropriate doneness, basting generously with the bourbon peach BBQ sauce when the chicken is just about done (you don’t want to burn the sugars down too much and get all crusty and black)

Leave the grill going, because you’re ending with these bad boys:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/bobbys-grilled-peaches/92961.html

Peach Moonshine

INGREDIENTS

• 1 750-ml bottle vodka
  • 2 15-ounce cans peaches in heavy syrup
  • 1 cup dried peaches, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
Nutritional Information
12 servings, 1 serving contains:
  • Calories (kcal) 240
  • Fat (g) 0
  • Saturated Fat (g) 0
  • Cholesterol (mg) 0
  • Carbohydrates (g) 5
  • Dietary Fiber (g) 1
  • Total Sugars (g) 17
  • Protein (g) 1
  • Sodium (mg) 20

• Combine vodka, canned peaches with their syrup, and dried peaches in a 2-qt. jar (save vodka bottle to store finished product, if desired). Cover and let stand at room temperature at least 1 day and up to 1 week. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into reserved bottle or a jar; discard solids.
  • DO AHEAD: Moonshine can be made 1 month ahead. Cover and chill.
Tell me this is amazing...I want to try this but won't waste good peaches on bad booze

You should make this because it's complicated and that would mean that you're as good as you claim to be ;)

White Peach Sorbet with Graham Puree & Milk Crumbs
Serves 4

1 recipe Graham Ganache
1 recipe White Peach Sorbet
1/2 recipe Milk Crumb

Graham Ganache
makes ~1/3 cup

1/2 recipe Graham Crust
85g milk
2g kosher salt

Graham Crust190g graham cracker crumbs
20g milk powder
25g sugar
3g kosher salt
55g butter, melted
55g heavy cream

1. Toss the graham crumbs, milk powder, sugar, and salt with your hands in a medium bowl to evenly distribute your dry ingredients.
2. Whisk the butter and heavy cream together. Add to the dry ingredients and toss again to evenly distribute. The butter will act as a glue, adhering to the dry ingredients and turning the mixture into a bunch of small clusters. The mixture should hold its shape if squeezed tightly in the palm of your hand. If it is not moist enough to do so, melt an additional 14-25g butter and mix in.

Store in airtight container. Will keep 1 week at room temp or 1 month in fridge/freezer.

Combine the (1/2 batch) graham crust, milk and salt in blender and puree on medium speed until smooth and homogeneous - it will take 1-3 minutes (depending on the awesomeness of your blender). If the mixture does not catch on your blender blade, turn it off, take a small teaspoon, and scrape down the sides of the canister, remember to scrape under the blade, then try again. Use the ganache right away, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.

White Peach Sorbet
400g ripe white peaches (about 5)
-
1 gelatin sheet
-
100g glucose
2g kosher salt
.5g citric acid

1. Cut the peaches in half and pit them. Plop them into a blender and puree until smooth and homogenous, 1 to 3 minutes. Pass the puree through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl. Use a ladle or spoon to press on the dregs of the puree to extract as much juice as possible; you should only be discarding a few spoonfuls worth of solids.
2. Bloom the gelatin.
3. Warm a little bit of the peach puree and whisk in the gelatin to dissolve. Whisk in the remaining peach puree, the glucose, salt, and citric acid until everything is fully dissolved and incorporated.
4. Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. The sorbet is best spun just before serving or using, but it will keep in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.

Milk Crumb
40g milk powder
40g flour
12g cornstarch
25g sugar
2g kosher salt
55g butter, melted
-
20g milk powder
-
90g white chocolate, melted

1. Heat the oven to 250*F
2. Combine the 40g milk powder, the flour, cornstarch, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Toss with your hands to mix. Add the melted butter and toss, using a spatula, until the mixture starts to come together and form small clusters.

3. Spread the clusters on a parchment lined sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes. The crumbs should be sandy at that point, and your kitchen should smell like buttery heaven. Cool the crumbs completely.
4. Crumble any milk crumb clusters that are larger than 1/2 inch in diameter and put the crumbs in a medium bowl. Add the 20g milk powder and toss together until it is evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
5. Pour the white chocolate over the crumbs and toss until your clusters and enrobed. Then continue tossing them every 5 minutes until the white chocolate hardens and the clusters are no longer sticky. The crumbs will keep in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer for up to 1 month.

Use the back of a spoon to schmear a quarter of the graham ganache each of the 4 bowls. Make quenelles or scoops of sorbet and set 1 in the center of each schmeared bowl. Sprinkle the milk crumbs over and around the sorbet. Serve at once.

Do it.
Do you even momofuku bro?

But seriously, one of the best recipes I have ever made is a super simple pork belly bun recipe from David Chang:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Pork-Belly-Buns-240258#

I don't make my own buns though, just get the pre-made kind from the asian market and steam them to warm them up.

edit: also, I like that you are trying to challenge me, it makes me want to make it even more :)

Best thing I've ever put in my mouth was peach caramel gelato in Italy. Forgot the name of the Gelateria but the damn thing had the texture of peaches and the caramel peach combo worked beautifully. Don't have the recipe or else I would post it up and everyone who made it would win

i don't follow recipes. and i'm horrible at sharing them since i don't measure shit.

but i do this one with fire.

grilled pork with peaches and long hots and yellow peppers
a couple, or even 1, boneless or bone-in pork chop. berkshire if you're awesome - room temperature. don't shock the shit out of that pork but putting it's cold ass on a hot grill. AFTER it has been marinating in a combination of oregano, crushed garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, a bit of apple cider vinegar. i'm not sure where i created this marinade from, but it's the fucking tits.

get yo bad self some peaches. preferably right off the tree and already ripe. not too ripe, though. nothing worse than buying a hard peach at the store and then trying to ripen it yourself and it ends up being a sad-ass mealy disgusting peach. white peaches are great. do that. i highly recommend picking them yourself at Highland Orchards in Downingtown if you're awesome enough to live in Philly or the surrounding areas.
Peel the peaches. Slice the peach into 8ths. get rid of that pit.

get some banana peppers. and some yelllow bell peppers. slice up into strips and remove the seeds.

hit up the grill. if you don't use charcoal, you suck.

grill the pork. grill the peaches. grill the peppers (i recommend getting one of those pans with the holes in the bottom for the peppers that are made for grilling, because there's nothing worse than pieces of your food falling between the grates of the grills. that's just wasteful).... until they're "done" --- i prefer my pork medium rare to medium if i know where it's coming from. your peaches will have nice grill marks and caramelization on them. the peppers... well... they'll look like grilled peppers. it's good to put the peaches on of the pork during park of the grilling to let those sweet juices flow and meld.

combine everything onto a plate. eat the shit out of it. thank me later.

note: i've even done these as kabobs before. and even switched out the pork for swordfish, if you're a terrible horrible jew who doesn't eat pork. (seriously, there is no other excuse to not eat pork)

Last edited:
The rules don't state it has to be highly difficult and delish food that is quick to make works for me!

Peach, Bacon, and Gouda Grilled Cheese Sliders

1 pretzel baguette cut into four equal parts
4 oz. of Gouda sliced into 8 squares
2 slices of thick-cut bacon, cooked and cut into pieces to fit on bread
1 peach, sliced
1 1/2-2 tablespoons of butter

Spread butter on one side of all pieces of bread. Place cheese slice on top of non-buttered side of bread. Place bacon and then peach on top of cheese. Add another piece of cheese on top of peach. Place another piece of bread on top, with buttered side facing out. Heat a skillet to low/medium and cook for several minutes until bread is golden and cheese is melted.

If you want to make your own pretzel bread, you can use this:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/pretzel-bread/

I have done it once, but it was just easier to buy it at the store when I wanted some!

I recommend pairing it with a nice Fall blended beer that has some cinnamon and/or clove nature to really capture the gouda.

Crisp Pork Belly with Sweet Peach Salsa

Ingredients

2 to 3 pounds pork belly, boned, skin intact and finely scored

For the Rub
3 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon dried chile flakes
1 slightly heaping teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder

For the Peach Salsa
2 green onions
1 small red chile
3 peaches
8 cherry tomatoes
1 small bunch cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions

1. Put the pork in a china or glass dish. Peel and crush the garlic to a paste, stirring in the soy, oil, salt, chile flakes, and five-spice powder. Spread this paste over the skin and underside of the pork and leave it to marinate for a good four hours, if not overnight.

2. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Place the pork in a roasting pan, then cook, skin-side up, for about twenty minutes. Lower the heat to 400°F (200°C) and continue cooking for a further forty to fifty minutes, until the skin is dark and crisp. Leave to rest for ten minutes before carving.

3. Assemble the salsa. Trim and finely chop the green onions. Finely chop the chile. Peel, pit, and finely chop the peaches and tomatoes and chop the cilantro. Toss gently, then dress with the lime juice and olive oil. Serve the pork with the salsa.

Do you even momofuku bro?

But seriously, one of the best recipes I have ever made is a super simple pork belly bun recipe from David Chang:
For really real, dem buns are the best. I discovered that a "quick rub" of salt, sugar and some togarashi for an hour or two on the pork belly is even better than the overnight cure Chang does. High heat for an hour, basting every 15 min, then low heat for an hour, basting again, results in the best pork belly evar. Oh and Hawaiian sweet rolls in place of buns are an amazing substitute.

Question about this: does it have to be food? I have the recipe for Persica - could you home brew it and even if it doesn't turn out best you can just send me the results?

No, but for real. Here is a recipe that I had at Eleven Madison Park. It's intense and I really typed it all out so gimme a little credit there.

DUCK LAVENDER-GLAZED WITH FENNEL AND PEACHES
Serves 8

Duck Spice
1 cup Szechuan peppercorns
1 cup dried corriander seeds
1/2 cup cumin seeds
1 cup dried lavender flowers

In a spice grinder, grind the Szechuan peppercorns, corriander, and cumin until roughly ground. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lavender flowers.

Roasted Ducks
2 Muscovy ducks, head on
2 cups lavender honey
Salt
Duck Spice (see above)

Dry the ducks completely with pepr towels. Use meat hooks to hang them by their necks in a refridgerator with good air circulation. Allow to age and dry for a minimum of 8 days and maximum of 14 days. When ready to cook, preheat a convection to 375 F. Rmeove and discard the neck, feed, and wing tips, and truss the ducks with a butcher's twine. Rub thoroughly with honey, being sure to coat all of the skin. Season with salt, then coat evenly with the Duck Spice. Place on the roasting rack and roast for 8 minutes. Rotate the duck and return it to the oven for another 8 to 9 minutes. Remove from the oven, and rest for 12 to 15 minutes before carving.

Duck Sauce
3 lemons
4 limes
2 oranges
3/4 cup sugar
3 pods star anise
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups Duck Jus (see below)
1/2 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Zest and juice the lemons, limes, and oranges. Combine the juices in one bowl in one bowl and the zests in another. Place the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Carmelize to a very deep amber color. Add the star anise and the citrus juices to stop the cooking. Reduce by three quarters, or until thick and syrupy. Add the zes tand butter and chill (not you...the mixture). In a separate pot, heat the Duck Jus and add 1.5 tablespoons of the citrus syrup. Season with vinegar and salt.

Duck Jus
Makes 1 quart
10 pounds duck carcasses, cut into 2 inch pieces
4 tablespoons duck fat
4 cups slice onions
2 cups diced carrots
2 cups diced celery
2 cups diced leeks
2 cups diced celery root
5 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups port
3 cups red wine
10 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
25 peppercorns
3 pounds chicken feet
2 gallons chicken stock (see below)

Preheat the over to 375. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Spread the duck bones in...

OK this is 1/4th the recipe. There's no chance you make this right? If you think you'd do this, I'll do the rest of the recipe, but until then...

For really real, dem buns are the best. I discovered that a "quick rub" of salt, sugar and some togarashi for an hour or two on the pork belly is even better than the overnight cure Chang does. High heat for an hour, basting every 15 min, then low heat for an hour, basting again, results in the best pork belly evar. Oh and Hawaiian sweet rolls in place of buns are an amazing substitute.
I actually did the pork belly sous-vide, 36 hours at 155F Kenji Alt Style http://www.seriouseats.com/2011/12/...ed-sous-vide-36-hour-all-belly-porchetta.html instead of the overnight cure.

Also, I grew up in Hawaii so I really like your idea on the sweet rolls.

Latest posts