Petite Orval

Help Support Talkbeer:

Haven't done my homework on this one....is this difficult to come by? Is it draft only at the cafe? Good buddy of mine desperately wants to try it. Would like to make that happen if possible.

All feedback/tangential replies/memes welcome.

It isn't draft-only but it is cafe-only. Bottles are not dated or labeled and are only for sale occasionally. I've also heard that it's one of those things you often have to ask for when they do have it as it's not always advertised. Sometimes referred to as Orval Vert. Not sure if they're typically on-site only or if bottles that have gotten out were smuggled out.

HUGE want of mine.

It isn't draft-only but it is cafe-only. Bottles are not dated or labeled and are only for sale occasionally. I've also heard that it's one of those things you often have to ask for when they do have it as it's not always advertised. Sometimes referred to as Orval Vert. Not sure if they're typically on-site only or if bottles that have gotten out were smuggled out.

HUGE want of mine.
appreciate all the info.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
It is draft only and only available at the Cafe. Bottles are VERY infrequent, and when i visited in 2017 i was told they weren't doing them anymore, but of course that's always subject to change. Either way it's...very good. I wanted it to be the best beer i've ever had but it kinda just wasn't. But it is lovely with the melty cheese thing on the cafe menu. I mean i feel sort of blasphemous saying that (lol) since i'm the biggest Orval fanboi out there, but it's just good.

For my money, if you want to drink what monks are drinking, order a crate of the Westmalle Extra in the spring from Etre or whatever you kids use these days. If you're in Chicago, i'll go halfsies on it. That beer is fucking outstanding when fresh. And yes, it's shipped in the actual crate.

Latest posts