US - Mid-Atlantic Philly Area Thread

Help Support Talkbeer:

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Ok so my hotel room features a welcome bottle of gin from a local distiller, so I guess this is going to be a fun trip.

Where am I eating and drinking today? Ideally I’d like to grab a pork roll egg & cheese and get a picture of the liberty bell for Instagram.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
Ok so my hotel room features a welcome bottle of gin from a local distiller, so I guess this is going to be a fun trip.

Where am I eating and drinking today? Ideally I’d like to grab a pork roll egg & cheese and get a picture of the liberty bell for Instagram.
Reading Terminal? Might be too late in the day to get a Pork Roll, Egg and Cheese.

Drinking and eating? You can use http://www.phillytapfinder.com/ to check out bars and what they have to drink.

If you want a bar that serves all local beers go to South Philly Tap Room.

If this was Beer Advocate everyone would tell you to get on the train and head to Tired Hands.

Pliny the Younger is also in town if you're around to hit up some events. Check Philly Tap Finder for that as well.

vav

because the trump thread deserves a pulitzer
Contributor
Ok spent almost all of last night at Local 44. Dinic’s Roast Pork for breakfast today, and then coffee at Milkcrate. At Royal Boucherie now for some fancy cocktail reception for conference people. Thinking Han Dynasty for dinner and then over to Underground Arts for The Black Queen show.

Ok spent almost all of last night at Local 44. Dinic’s Roast Pork for breakfast today, and then coffee at Milkcrate. At Royal Boucherie now for some fancy cocktail reception for conference people. Thinking Han Dynasty for dinner and then over to Underground Arts for The Black Queen show.
You’re doing pretty well. Han is delicious. Would need to know what kind of food you want for any other ideas.

Not sure if you can squeeze into the bar at zahav but it’s definitely worth it.

Anyone know of bottles of Cantillon 20 ans d’ Amitié are still kicking at Monk’s? Was hoping to crack one when I’m in town this weekend.

That's why they closed? That's awful.

edit: Though reading the article, it seems to say the owner of the brewery sold the building? Seems to imply he didn't want the brewery anymore in that case since why else would he sell the building?

Building must be worth way more than he’s making selling beer.

It does sort of skirt the fact that selling the things separately was most likely going to result in the brewery being asked to leave.

WhalezB4Rarez

One of the few still only on here
That's why they closed? That's awful.

edit: Though reading the article, it seems to say the owner of the brewery sold the building? Seems to imply he didn't want the brewery anymore in that case since why else would he sell the building?
ah, yeah, that's actually what happened. though their statements on social media made it seem confusing.

Latest posts