Philly Beer Week

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
definitely doing Tired Hands on the 1st, Surly at Iron Abbey on the 3rd, Funky Buddah at Churchville Inn on the 4th and maybe Cigar City at Hulmville Inn on the 5th

skrip I'll be at tired hands on the first, Churchville on the 4th and Hulmeville on the 5th. We should get together for a beer.

Tired hands on the first is the start but Mexican cake variants have me wanting to leave there and go to the Cambridge.

www.phillytapfinder.com/event/the-cambridge-3/

http://www.phillytapfinder.com/events/

Awesome I'm down with that, message me your number. Oh **** Cambridge looks crazy! You'd probably have to get there before opening for that. Very tempting!

I think I'm doing the same as skrip on the events. Might do the off color and against the grain event at churchville on may 31.

I'll be going to the Tired Hands anniversary and Iron Abbey for the Surly event, everything else will just depend on my work schedules. I'll probably be out of the game from 6/5 - 6/8 so hopefully I can fit some good stuff in before then. The Cambridge event really has me tempted to make Tired Hands my secondary stop that day.

I think I'm definitely hitting up Canbridge and then heading over to
TH on Sunday. I haven't looked too closely at the rest of the schedule yet. From what I remember the Cigar city/perennial event at resurrection looked pretty awesome, but it starts at noon on a Wednesday.

I'm not sure yet what I'm doing. Same as mdillon86 I'm thinking about the Resurrection event, but I'm going to just take a half day so starting at 12 doesn't bother me. Not sure what else I'm doing, but my family and I are thinking about brunch at Standard Tap then Khyber for Saturday / Sunday this week. Not 100% settled yet though. I may abandon them on Sunday to do Lost Abbey at Nodding Head. Going to take one more half day as well but don't know when yet.

For the Cambridge event, be aware, as far as I know, they are tapping those beers throughout the day. I believe it's a block party like event so that's the list for the event, not just at opening.

I'd love to get to Tired Hands on Sunday and really should but it's too hard with my 1 year old to do stuff like that.

Ill be at the Tired Hands anniversary party for sure. Perennial/CCB/FB events too. May have to hit Resurrection prior to TH at this point since that taplist is incredible and possibly one of the best of the week. 2 Mexican Cake variants and Quetsche Tilquin.

Sorry man, didnt mean to ruffle thine feathers. Me and my unpopular opinions. Im sure you have taken the little fella to the cafe, no rules against it. It just always seems wrong to me. Busy or not. Any brewery or bar.

Sorry man, didnt mean to ruffle thine feathers. Me and my unpopular opinions. Im sure you have taken the little fella to the cafe, no rules against it. It just always seems wrong to me. Busy or not. Any brewery or bar.
It's just annoying. I agree with you if the parents can't control their kid and he's running all over getting in the way or throwing food or whatever. But I'd say that about anyone, not just children.

edit: meaning there's lots of adults that don't belong in public either, not just children.

Ill be at the Tired Hands anniversary party for sure. Perennial/CCB/FB events too. May have to hit Resurrection prior to TH at this point since that taplist is incredible and possibly one of the best of the week. 2 Mexican Cake variants and Quetsche Tilquin.

Where are you seeing that Resurrection has MC Variants? What day is this?

Yeah and it says They are having Evil Twin Jack Daniels and Apple Brandy aged Lil' B's not Mexican cake.

Yeah and it says They are having Evil Twin Jack Daniels and Apple Brandy aged Lil' B's not Mexican cake.
b6l5HDj.png

The real question is. Which website is correct? Philly tap finder has been wrong mannny times. So has the Philly beer week website. Considering we get no Westbrook here at all I would find it weird if we get these 2 but who knows.
Yep, this certainly wouldn't be the first time there were mislabeling issues. Mislabeling BA Sump as BA Abraxas last year comes to mind.

Does anyone know what the deal is with Half Acre @ Memphis Taproom on the 31st? Was initially billed as Half Acre & Tired Hands, and they were supposed to have the 2 collab beers they brewed- now those 2 beers were removed from the taplist on the Memphis Taproom website and there's no mention of any Tired Hands beers at all ...still going just curious. Oh and I'll be at Hulmeville for Weyerbacher, Voodoo, Cigar City and probably Churchville on the 4th

Does anyone know what the deal is with Half Acre @ Memphis Taproom on the 31st? Was initially billed as Half Acre & Tired Hands, and they were supposed to have the 2 collab beers they brewed- now those 2 beers were removed from the taplist on the Memphis Taproom website and there's no mention of any Tired Hands beers at all ...still going just curious.

I'm wondering if they've tentatively removed them because the batches brewed at TH may not be ready in time for the event...

I'm wondering if they've tentatively removed them because the batches brewed at TH may not be ready in time for the event...
Yeah, that could certainly be it- was thinking these kegs were actually coming in from Half Acre but either way hoping they are ready by Saturday. Should be fun regardless

I'm doing Kite and Key Sunday. Local 44 Tuesday maybe? No idea about anything else. Would love to meet some of you ********!

The weyerbacher event at Jose Pistola's was pretty fun. Tarte Nouveau was pretty tasty actually. The firkin of it was even better. And, to their credit, Weyerbacher isn't even calling it a berliner weiss even though it's tart and only 4%. I mean, it's not since it apparently doesn't have wheat in it, but that hasn't stopped other places.

Their anniversary beer this year is supposed to be a Mango Berliner style beer. I can't wait for that.

And Jose and Sancho pistolas are both awesome.

It's a blend of a stronger Tarte Nouveau and a Mango wheat beer apparently. It could be quite good.

edit: It was funny. Their rep was very clear that Tarte Nouveau was not a berliner as it had no wheat in it. Kind of refreshing.

Gonna be at TH all day tomorrow I think.

Did sancho pistolas disco party with funk brewing from emmaus tonight. Their sour saison was pretty nice, not perfect but a nice start for a local sour start up. Citrus ipa was good as their Belgian ipa was solid if that's your thing. By the time I was done work everything was over today but tomorrow starts my vacation. Off all week to do whatever.

Back