US - New England Pils & Love: Portland, ME (hosted by Oxbow) 7/15

Help Support Talkbeer:

Dragged my feet on this and just saw tickets are still available...might need to make this happen...
I don't know you, but, considering the fantastic group of people that are planning to attend, the gorgeous venue, the fact that pilsner seems to be antithetical to the preferences of shitlords, and the fact that its a pretty damned affordable ticket, I would be remiss if I didn't pressure you by saying...

Os

The Striper have been on fire down near the NH/ME/MA border. Have to check the tides, but would get a small charter for day trip if anyone wanted to Friday or Sunday.
ugh... wish I had time... so much to do and only Friday and Saturday to do it, including 5 hours at Pils & Love

Looks like Novare is having events for some of the attending breweries.

7/13- LIC Beer Project party
7/14- Burial Beer bash
7/15- Kent Falls

It's worth keeping an eye on taplists for:
Kings Head
Slab
Thirsty Pig
Oxbow tasting room(you have to go to see what's really on)
Bramhall(can have a surprise tap or two)
Great Lost Bear(turdhole place)
Mash Tun

During the last Bissell fest there were a good amount of taps on from the non Maine breweries all weekend. Bier Cellar is having Burial(only time) and Hoof Hearted drop on wed for any early birds.

Can't wait to swill!

Os

anyone here planning on fishing at the event? I'm tempted to order a telescopic rod/reel setup

So we've got Highroller, O' Oysters, and (according to a comment made by Oxbow on Facebook) two other food vendors. Hopefully for axeman9182's sake one will have some burgers or something, and then you have to assume the other is something vegetarian.

I also saw somebody say they heard pours will in fact be 16oz, but that isn't confirmed anywhere. Pints sound good in theory, but if there's going to be 40+ breweries pouring, I think I'd rather maybe stick with 6-8oz.

Then, once I've got my ticks in, I can work toward emptying whatever keg(s) dsuarez brings with him, and fall asleep on the jetty.

Os

So we've got Highroller, O' Oysters, and (according to a comment made by Oxbow on Facebook) two other food vendors. Hopefully for axeman9182's sake one will have some burgers or something, and then you have to assume the other is something vegetarian.

I also saw somebody say they heard pours will in fact be 16oz, but that isn't confirmed anywhere. Pints sound good in theory, but if there's going to be 40+ breweries pouring, I think I'd rather maybe stick with 6-8oz.

Then, once I've got my ticks in, I can work toward emptying whatever keg(s) dsuarez brings with him, and fall asleep on the jetty.
I counted 17 breweries that I need to drink from... 17 pints in 5 hours?

but I'd be happy with 8 to 12 oz's

Latest posts