Pilsner pursuit

Help Support Talkbeer:

Wha happen? Something to do either their expansion?
It was up in Bellingham a while back with one of the big guys sexually harassing a woman at another brewery and also generally acting like assholes. They dealt with it only after getting a lot of backlash from the locals. Sounds like the Bellingham outpost might be shuttered after never being able to really recover from the fallout.

It was up in Bellingham a while back with one of the big guys sexually harassing a woman at another brewery and also generally acting like assholes. They dealt with it only after getting a lot of backlash from the locals. Sounds like the Bellingham outpost might be shuttered after never being able to really recover from the fallout.
Had not heard of this. Googled it. Wondering what the aftermath has been.

Had not heard of this. Googled it. Wondering what the aftermath has been.
People I know in Bellingham have said that the place is never very busy and mostly seems to attract only tourists. The locals are done with them. Rumor is they’ll be closing.

Melvin makes good beer but honesty there are good breweries that don’t do stupid shit, or at least handle bad behavior better.

FB5136E5-E4CB-4206-AAF7-C8726C63508A.jpeg

A JA rep dropped this off at my job. Apparently this was a brewery only release which I didn't even know they did but leave it to Jack's Abby to do a Pils as a brewery only.
Anyway, I like regular old post shift just fine. Nothing amazing but crushable and consistent.
This is a different beast. Brighter and much more crisp than the regular. Also this version has a more floral nose but is also drier. My only criticism is the body is a bit flabby which results in a bland finish that doesn't carry the flavor throughout. Otherwise it would be right up there with some of the best.

Have any of you had SARA’s All Mammals Play?? It was on at the Firestone Walker Fest over the weekend and was amazing. One of the best Pilsners I’ve ever had and one of the best beers at the fest. I hope they package it some day.
So damn good! Brought a growler home after a visit a few weeks ago and was blown away.