Pilsner pursuit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rothaus-label.jpg

= money

Earlier this year I went on a pils hunt too. I enjoyed Sunshine Pils by Troegs
I'm sure you get some of their distro

Neshaminy's Trauger pils is pretty great local shelf stuff. Fresh Pikeland Pils. Triumph makes a mean pilsner as well (not shelf but maybe local enough?)

Oh, and Cellarmaker Typo Pills totally owns. I prefer it to Pivo quite a bit (Pivo's hopping can be pretty harsh when it's fresh). It's obviously much harder to get (growler-only), but you know.

I have been drinking more pilsners lately. I really like Prima Pils and Pivo Pils. Any others out there that are easy to get (shelf)?

These are my favorite two packaged American examples I've had, Pivo especially.

Hill Farmstead Mary is my favorite pilsner I've had, the keg after FoFA at Shitlord Manor was so on point.

i enjoy voodoo pillzilla (or whatever they had to rename it to- killapilz or something?)

I love a good Pilsner. Not sure if you get smuttynose, but vunderbar is one of my favorites, along with tannen zapfle, weihenstephaner, Berkshire Brewing Czech pils, Jacks Abby sunny ridge. Avery's Joe's Premium Pils is pretty good too.

I was helping pour at The Festival in St Pete last weekend and was surprised how many people were going nuts for the Citra-hop Pilsner we were pouring (Weird Beard Faceless Spreadsheet Ninja). I was led to believe American beer bros were only into BA stouts, fresh hops or rare lambic?

I was helping pour at The Festival in St Pete last weekend and was surprised how many people were going nuts for the Citra-hop Pilsner we were pouring (Weird Beard Faceless Spreadsheet Ninja). I was led to believe American beer bros were only into BA stouts, fresh hops or rare lambic?

I'd also say there's a difference in clientele of The Festival and GABF

I went through a "all I want to drink is pilsners" phase recently. I wish there were more good examples or even attempts at them in Australia. **** I love a good pils

I loved the last batch of Troeg's Sunshine Pils that was released. Maybe the only beer they make that actually hasn't gone downhill since they moved.

Fat Head's Guddenhoppy, Great Lakes Wright Pils...

Prima Pils is always the answer, though.

My favorite shelfies right now are Pivo, Cans of Urquell, and Ninkasi Lux. As far as best overall, my favorite pilsner is easily the German Style Pils made by Chuckanut Brewing in Bellingham, WA.

Edited for a nod to Prima Pils.

Chuckanut is absolutely amazing.

I live in Bellingham now, walking distance from Chuckanut. Their Vienna Lager is ****in unreal as well. People up here ask me what my favorite brewery in town is and when I tell them that Chuckanut is by far not only my favorite brewery in Bellingham, but also one of my favorites in the entire state, 9 times out of 10 the response I get is "What? Really? They only make lagers, how is that your favorite brewery??"

Damn fools don't know what they're missing.

I live in Bellingham now, walking distance from Chuckanut. Their Vienna Lager is ****in unreal as well. People up here ask me what my favorite brewery in town is and when I tell them that Chuckanut is by far not only my favorite brewery in Bellingham, but also one of my favorites in the entire state, 9 times out of 10 the response I get is "What? Really? They only make lagers, how is that your favorite brewery??"

Damn fools don't know what they're missing.

Chuckanut is legit. For the best PNW lagers, it's them and Heater Allen in McMinnville.

Back